FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hawkwind

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RICHTER

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Tue 11 Nov 2008 - 14:06

Hawkwind au festival de Dour en 2005 ! rulaiz

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.richterpixels.com
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Wed 12 Nov 2008 - 3:42

J'aurais foutrement aimé être là.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Wed 25 Feb 2009 - 16:58

Urban Guerilla - Hawkwind cover by Primal Scream (free dl)

Free download here : http://www.myfreedownload.co.uk/primalscream rulaiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Wed 25 Feb 2009 - 17:03

This is a record by Gunslinger, featuring ALan Davey, ex-Hawkwind bassist... ANd well it's a cool record. The production and overall sound is AWFULLY bad, but the songs are pretty fine - somewhere between Hawkwind and Motorhead.

www.myspace.com/alandaveygunslinger

Oh fucking hell, they were in Paris on January 23th... ANd I fucking wasn't there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traaf

Male Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Wed 25 Feb 2009 - 18:22

hawkwind rulaiz
biker my vinyles
rulaiz

space ritual is definitively the 8th Wonder of the World

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.breizh-ardente.fr
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Thu 26 Feb 2009 - 21:40

I think I have all these in vinyl format excerpt the "ridicule" one (which has been released as "space ritual volume 2" and many more names) and the Needle Gun... This one is really beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Tue 3 Mar 2009 - 9:41

Lots of HW orientated stuff : www.myspace.com/digitalrevolutionrecords
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 23:33

now listening to : Del Dettmar (ex Hawkwind keyboardist) / Gerald Toon, Synthesis - Nice piece of spacey analog electronics from the gutter with heavily processed guitar… Can remind of Ashra or Tangerine Dream, but with a distinct lo-fi vibe reminiscent of Chrome or early Legendary Pink Dots. For those who expect swooshing noise and space chaos from Del dettmar’s synth : you’ll be disappointed.

Can be downloaded here : http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2007/04/del-dettmar-with-gerald-toon.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dead joe

Number of posts : 1411
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Fri 13 Mar 2009 - 8:57

That's dowloaded, your description really excited me.

Well, not so long ago, I was listening to Motörhead's first album, the white one, can't remember the title (the one with Vibrator and Motorhead and all) Wasn't Motorhead yet, but you can feel it comin through the garage and psyche stuff.

And Pink Fairies' "The Watcher", Goddamnit !!!!!!

headbang
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 19:39

Pink Fairies's City Kids, The Watcher is an Hawkwind song Wink (the live versions from the first Motorhead gigs of both songs are awesome)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 20:01

Hey Christopher, about the Buzzcocks/Hawkwind connection, here's something to read : http://books.google.fr/books?id=GLyU7PC_z7sC&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=buzzcocks+hawkwind+influence&source=bl&ots=kCvcSvTOl6&sig=c-5T4NZmru2cJTJx0eRQAcuTvRI&hl=fr&ei=fuK7SaqRKeTCjAev2aCdCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result

Aparently Jarvis Cocker is a Hawkwind fan too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Tue 17 Mar 2009 - 13:06

Alan Davey's "solo" stuff is pretty cool, after a few listens. Especially this one, Simon House did a very good violin job !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 14:43

Here's an interesting space-rock band that just left a cool comment on the 1969 Was Fine page : www.myspace.com/astroal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PY Is A Bot

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 15:38

Adrian utley (Portishead) about Hawkwind : http://dazeddigital.com/article/576/1/splitting_ears_with_portisheads_adrian_utley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Sun 19 Apr 2009 - 19:48

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_Me_to_Your_Future

Really NOT worth the listen, even if you're a fan like I am... Really disapointing, excerpt for some live stuff which is alright (I fucking love Simon House's violin...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Steve Swindells (Hawkwind related)   Mon 20 Apr 2009 - 18:53

You might ask : who the hell is Steve Swindells ? Well : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Swindells

butbasically he wrote Hawkwind's "Shot Down In The Night", one of my favorite songs ever

Recently I got my hands back on his solo album Fresh Blood (1980), and it's a BRILLIANT piece of english hi-energy rock, between punk, songwriting and space pop, with a distinct eighties feeling...

I guess you imagine what the music sounds like just looking at the picture !!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Tue 21 Apr 2009 - 17:12

Hawkwind In Your Area

Another VERY BAD Hawkwind record. Some live stufff with no interest at all, some horrible new-age instrumentals… This record looks like a parody. How deep one can fall…

(don't aske me why I listen to these dreadful records...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Sun 17 May 2009 - 22:22

I'm re-discovering "Alman Mulo Band", a side-project led by Harvey Bainbridge... There's some really cool stuff (if you can stan the definite "ambient HW" vibe.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Wed 20 May 2009 - 15:53

If you’re into Hawkwind stuff from the Calvert era (75-78, then) and strong enough to listen to bootlegs : I just put my hands onto a cool Hawklords audience-recording from 78… (Hawklords being the name Hawkwind took at this time, contract problems, that kind of stuff). Bob Calvert at its best, backed by a strong rhythm section (Bainbridge + Griffin = power !), a very tight Dave Brock and very efficient synth-lines by the punkish Steve Swindells. The live version of “Psi Power” is far more energetic than the album one, the old songs are coolly played… I love that HW era. OK, it’s poppy, if you compare it to the Space ritual, but I really like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Wed 20 May 2009 - 16:48

Silver Machine by DJ Hell...[/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Mon 25 May 2009 - 22:41

High Tide Interesting Times

High Tide is a great band. No, wait a minute. High Tide are great musicians – of the BEST kind – and recorded two ESSENTIAL records. But anything else ranges from mildly uninteresting to absolutely dreadful. This album inclines towards the last. The production is incredibly LOUSY, with that horrid drum machine – what the hell, psychedelic jams with a fucking drum machine ????? – something like Jethro Tull’s Crest Of A Knave, but worse. And the songs are basically average, which means just lazy pieces of prog-folk with some sparks of the good-old heavy psychedelia… Even Simon House’s violin sounds tame.
Get “high tide” (self-titled) and Sea Shanties ; forget this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 23:56

Adrian Wagner - Karming The Elements (very loosely HW related)

Compared to the absolutely awful albums Adrian Wagner tends to record, this one appears as a nice piece of new-agey synth stuff, quite 70’s sounding – think Tangerine Dream on their lighter moments… Lots of “natural” sounds too, and ethnical-type percussions. Nothing new or really interesting, but nice to hear whilst cleaning the room or thinking about the future of the planet. Would be a nice alternative music for “Les mystérieuses cites df’or” ha ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: (psychedelic chaos !!!) Magic Muscle (Hawkwind related, Bevis Frond related)   Fri 12 Jun 2009 - 8:37

FUCK HELL ! I just found a blog where a guy (blessed him be) put all Magic Muscle records, most of em being completely out of reach anywhere else... I just found, through the years, the album "Gulp" which is a perfect piece of english heavy psychedelia. I'm downloading right now anything else, hoping it's half as good as Gulp !!!

http://apoundforabrown.blogspot.com/2009/04/magic-muscle-heres-deal-pipe-roar-grid.html

(this one features Nick Saloman from Bevis Frond, Adrian Shaw from Hawkwind, Simon House from High Tide/Hawkwind/Third Ear Band/Bowie...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Mon 22 Jun 2009 - 14:54

God knows I love Magic Muscle. I mean, for a long time, the only thing I had to love was the “Gulp” album (featuring Nick Saloman), and it’s a VERY lovely record. Pure jamming psychedelia, sometimes ominous and sometimes nicely nonsensic ; every instrument on Gulp seems to be pushed to the limits, especially Simon House’s violin ; the instrumental patterns are mindblowingly intricate without ever falling into the pit of technical demonstration (the bane of progressive music)… Well, that’s a good record !!!! In the vein of the best High Tide or Hawkwind. Then, for years, I thought there were no other Magic Muscle around… Until I put my hands on “One hundred miles below”, a 1988 live record. Oh, what a disappointment. Don’t get me wrong, this is not a bad album ; but it has bot, in any way, the unique feeling of Gulp. Instead, we have straightforward psychedelic rock, song-orientated, featuring, yeah, cool violin parts, but that’s not enough to turn “classic rock” into a real experience. Rod Goodway’s vocals are not really exciting, see what I mean ? When you play “songs”, you gotta be a real songwriter, and have some kind of appeal in the way you sing… This album sadly lacks of both. This could have been counterbalanced by the jamming and soloing parts of the songs, in the good old “here we go, let’s improvise until the sun rises” psychedelic manner ; but most tracks are short, with little space left to spacey parts. Too bad…
Anyway, if you like Simon House’s violin sound, this is a record you should get !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 18:16

Melodic Energy Commission (featuring Del Dettmar)

After years of seeing this record mentioned without getting any sign of actual existence, I finally got my hands on it ! Thanks god, the fact it has at last been re-released, and, well, internet sharing. Anyway, this is not what I would call an essential, but the involvement of Del Dettmar makes it interesting. Apart from that that, well, it’s nice hippie jamming stuff darkened by some heavy electronics – not really far from classic Gong stuff.

http://phrockblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/by-request-melodic-energy-commission.html (download link included somewhere)

http://ezhevika.blogspot.com/2007/02/melodic-energy-commission-stranger-in.html (link too)

http://www.myspace.com/melodicenergycommission
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 19:33

now listening to : Hawkwind – Windsor Festival 1973 (easy to find on torrent sites)

This is a really cool Hawkwind bootleg if you’re into Space ritual era stuff ! Featuring both Michael Moorcock and Robert Calvert on poetry, sometimes at the same time, which is indeed the highlight of this show ; the versions of the usual songs are quite “classic”, but some improvisational stuff here is really good, especially the long instrumental jam driven by Lemmy’s powerful bass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Fri 18 Dec 2009 - 14:55

Harvey Bainbridge – Huw Lloyd Langton – Hostage Release Day live
Far more than just a “cosmic keyboards VS spacey guitar” jam, Harvey and Huw here play real songs, and the songs are good ! OK, we get lots of Ash-Ra-like parts (analog synths and distorted guitar soloing, melting together in a rather unfocused way – anyway, I sure like that too), but ultimately, what we get is Coded Languages, Waiting For Tomorrow, Dreaming City (a very beautiful version of this too rare song) and so on… Seems like both musicians were really born to play together, and any nostalgic of the 80’s Hawkwind sound (I am) must have a listen to that record. Last but not least, the added percussions by Richard Chadwick and Norman Mulo fit perfectly ; a must-have ROIO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Mon 4 Jan 2010 - 11:47

Motorhead doing Silver Machine, 1995

Jarvis Cocker covering SIlver Machine !!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mushmyroom

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Tue 5 Jan 2010 - 12:31

A nice Hawkwind influenced space rock band is Farflung, I saw them live a few months ago, excellent ! rulaiz

I wish Hawkwind still had so big balls today but they really don't (last shows I saw were really boring) but their 70's era is great (I love Space Ritual, their old albums accompanied many trips of mine...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/basspapz
vx

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Wed 6 Jan 2010 - 9:27

I never really listened to Farflung, except some compilation tracks, I'll have to check'em out. Personnaly I really like F/I and Vocokesh among the HW-influenced bands...

Quote :
I wish Hawkwind still had so big balls today but they really don't (last shows I saw were really boring) but their 70's era is great (I love Space Ritual, their old albums accompanied many trips of mine...)

last time I saw them was 1994, and it was already a bit disappointing... If I have an occasion of seeing them again, well, I won't miss it, but I would'nt cross the country to like I used to do. I'm a HUGE HW fan but yeah, maybe they're too old. THe only recent good thing IMO is the return of Tim Blake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawkwind   Today at 2:10

Back to top Go down

Hawkwind
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FRENCH CHAOS ZONE :: Chaos French Zone-
Jump to: