FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 13:43

listening a lot to this goold old berliner school kraut stuff... Anyone here likes them ?

Last edited by vx cheerleader 69 on Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 17:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pikkukivi

Female Number of posts : 84
Localisation : Belgium, behind the sauna next to the highway near the forest.
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 14:44

Hah, saw the movie few years ago but had no idea of who made the score...interesting to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 20:09

They did the score for quite a lot of movies, but most of these OST suck, they were recorded in the 90's/80's and Tangerine Dream had turned really AWFUL. The only one I really like is the one they recorded for Michael Mann's "The Keep"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRENN

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 23:23

Totally i have "stratosphere" & "ziet".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Wed 26 Mar 2008 - 17:56

I have been listening quite endlessly to Stratosfear since I'm 15. I guess I'm somewhat a old hippie lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRENN

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 1:05

Awesome yes,., i only really discovered them last year which albums would you recommend next from them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 18:40

absolute must-haves :

Rubycon (one of the greatest albums ever, IMO)
Phaedra

Ricochet and Encore are great too.

If you like early kraut-rock/psych, the first albums are great, somewhat close to Can or the most experimental side of early Pink Floyd : Atem, Zeit, Alpha Centauri, Electronic Meditation

If you can take some cheesy 80's stuff, try to find their OST to "The Keep", I really like it. But it's hard to find even on SOulseek.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRENN

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Thu 27 Mar 2008 - 23:45

Awesome thanks,. I like kraut-rock/psych stuff i went through a phase with that. I like the french band Magma quite alot too. After i spent years with that kinda stuff i started listening to stuff like Univers Zero. My all time favourite record from all the things i heard around that time was "Les Morts Vont Vite" by Shub-Niggurath (the 70's prog band not the shit black metal band of the same name).

C'est supercool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wikiller

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Sun 14 Jun 2009 - 12:40

Shub-Niggurath are INCREDIBLY good !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 8:59

And here's a bootleg from the infamous gig at the Reimls cathedral in 1974 !!!!!!!

http://musictravellerstwo.blogspot.com/2009/01/nico-tangerine-dream-1974-12-13-reims.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/179408236/NTD19741213CRF.part1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/179412415/NTD19741213CRF.part2.rar.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Mon 7 Sep 2009 - 19:17

Edgar Froese - Macula Transfer (original version)

not as good as his previous two solo albums, but anywaymuch better than any post-1976 Tangerine Dream...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Mon 21 Sep 2009 - 17:46

up for teiko
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Mon 21 Sep 2009 - 18:00

ok, thank you, I'll begin with Rubycon and Phaedra.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Tue 6 Oct 2009 - 17:31

Klaus Schulze – Dune

I’m not the biggest Klaus Schulze fan ever – I’m more of a Tangerine Dream guy ; even if I enjoy listening to Timewind from time to time, I never felt in this music the abysmal quality you can find in Tangerine Dream, or the freshness of Tim Blake’s work ; I always thought Klaus Schulze sounds like a very “calculating” musician. His recent record featuring Dead Can Dance’s Lisa Gerard didn’t help me change my mind, in my ears they really sounded like bad ambient-trance with layers of new-age voices added, so boring. But nonetheless, I decided to investigate some of his classic stuff from the seventies I had never listened to, beginning with “Dune”. Well, it was quite a nice surprise, at least half quite a nice surprise : if the first track (Dune) is quite self-indulgent, with its very dated space sounds, the second part of the record is really good. “Shadows of Ignorance” is a long synthetic track, featuring some cool vocoded voice then an appearance by Arthur “I am the lord of hellfire” Brown himself on spoken/sung voice. The idea of Arthur Brown joining Schulze may look a bit odd, but actually, it really works. I wonder what could have happened of Tangerine Dream if they had hosted a gifted vocal frontman at some point…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Tue 27 Oct 2009 - 17:51

When it comes to german music from the 70’s, I’m always a bit uneasy. I always loved old Tangerine Dream, most Klaus Schulze, Ash ra, and so on, the so-called “Berliner sound”, but I never really managed to get into “Kraut rock” – Amon Duul always bored me to death, Can is alright but I never listen to the Can records in my collection… I always felt there was too much of a hippie feeling into that rockier side of the german cosmic seventies, not to say “bad Pink Floyd impersonation with a lot of Grateful Dead thrown into it” (actually, I must admit this is true for most continental psychedelic records from the 70’s, but none of these got the “classic” aura of Can… Kraut rock has always been trendier), … Walter Weigmuller’s record is a good illustration of that. This is a double album, concept stuff about the Tarot cards (if I wasn’t obsessed with Tarot too, that would probably make me laugh), played by a dream-team line-up featuring Klaus Schulze and Manuel Gotsching ; part of it is good cold “kozmische” stuff, almost dark-ambient ; part of it sounds like any hippie band jamming, psych blues-rock babbling topped with mellotron. Which is nothing wrong, but can be quite boring, if there’s no strong musical personality behind (the same tracks, if Robert Fripp or Richard Pinhas were there, would probably be top-notch !) or some good vocal appeal (try some Daevid Allen ? Edward Ka-Spell ?) … After many listens, I’m still perplex. 70’s rock definitely needed a punk revolution…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Thu 12 Nov 2009 - 15:04

I’m not the kind of guy that can be expected to like a record that is centered on spiritual visions and hindu mysticism (Krishna, anyone ?). Genereally I despise hippie clichés and cheap esoteric new-age mumbo jumbo ; still, I think this record is VERY good. What do we get here ? Intricate psychedelic folk patterns merging into soundscapes of epic proportions, in an almost ritual way, severe improvisations without any “love and flowers” thrown in, and cold german spoken words. Yes, this is “cosmic music” (Klaus Schulze is featured on drums and organ), but from the dark side of it ; and it really feels, when you’re listening to these three tracks, like the dark/apocalyptic folk scene is not far away. Try some Current 93 (“Hitler as kalki” ?) after “Lord Krishna Von Goloka”, you won’t feel disoriented in any way…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 11:04

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

Male Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 14:02

Beautiful, but not as stunning as one could expect from such a duet. Gerrard is a bit underemployed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...   Today at 12:35

Back to top Go down

Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schulze / Ash Ra...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1