FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What are you listening to right now ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Thu 14 May 2009 - 2:16

fRED wrote:

SOOOOOO FUCKING GREAT BABYYYY!!!!

Dead hills is one of the best new-wave tracks i've ever heard ange
Back to top Go down
silexame

Male Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Thu 14 May 2009 - 13:10

Elegy Sampler #59
Some good tracks, but the 1969! one is far the best. headbang
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fRED

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Fri 15 May 2009 - 2:53

super
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sbzwei

Male Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Fri 15 May 2009 - 12:09

Even Rozz's hardcore fans recognize that this one is a must rulaiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://punishyourself.maxximum.org

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Fri 15 May 2009 - 12:31

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Fri 15 May 2009 - 13:36

In this new collaborative project the core members are Stephen Carey, formerly of IrelandÆs
This Burning Effigy; and Tony Pettitt, formerly of the influential Fields of The Nephilim.
With each song various accomplished musicians have been involved, bringing in their own
unique talents and trademark sounds to produce the atmospheric debut album that is
"Smoke & Mirrors".
The vocalists who have graced The Eden House to produce these darkly beautiful songs are
Julianne Regan (All About Eve), Evi Vine, Amandine Ferrari and Monica Richards (Faith & The
Muse). Also contributing are violinist Bob Loveday (Penguin Cafe' Orchestra, Van Morrison,
as well as currently Bob Geldof's band), former Fields of The Nephilim Peter Yates, Nod
Wright and Paul Wright, along with drummers Simon Rippin (Nefilim, NFD) and Bob Irwin
(Johnny Cash, Van Morrison).

http://www.obskure.com/fr/kro_model.php?n_kro=6086
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sat 16 May 2009 - 18:58

silexame wrote:
Elegy Sampler #59
Some good tracks, but the 1969! one is far the best. headbang

Well thank you !

Teiko wrote:

In this new collaborative project the core members are Stephen Carey, formerly of IrelandÆs
This Burning Effigy; and Tony Pettitt, formerly of the influential Fields of The Nephilim.
With each song various accomplished musicians have been involved, bringing in their own
unique talents and trademark sounds to produce the atmospheric debut album that is
"Smoke & Mirrors".
The vocalists who have graced The Eden House to produce these darkly beautiful songs are
Julianne Regan (All About Eve), Evi Vine, Amandine Ferrari and Monica Richards (Faith & The
Muse). Also contributing are violinist Bob Loveday (Penguin Cafe' Orchestra, Van Morrison,
as well as currently Bob Geldof's band), former Fields of The Nephilim Peter Yates, Nod
Wright and Paul Wright, along with drummers Simon Rippin (Nefilim, NFD) and Bob Irwin
(Johnny Cash, Van Morrison).

http://www.obskure.com/fr/kro_model.php?n_kro=6086

Oh... That sounds promising...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sat 16 May 2009 - 19:33

Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls OST

This is one of the few Russ Meyer movies I haven’t seen – as far as I know, this is his most “mainstream” work (whatever that means). But anyway, the OST is really COOL. Deeply rooted into its time – the ending sixties –, this collection of psychedelic-pop tracks display a very American feeling of hipness ; with some very good highlights (especially the soulful “sweet talking candyman”). This is not the swinging London, but Swinging California… Put to music by very unknown bands no one cares about. Ain’t that underground ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sun 17 May 2009 - 2:00

Let's have a drink or two
We're going to fly I promise you
This great medication
Takes you to another place.

Sleep tight, dream sweet my dear
Tonight maybe's the worst night of your life
You only lose yourself
Yes tonight you will be right...
Back to top Go down
silexame

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sun 17 May 2009 - 12:02

http://www.myspace.com/thesnowmanempire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pingu08

Male Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sun 17 May 2009 - 13:39

Zmeya (demo) - Punish Yourself

You won't get out you won't get out you won't get out
Join my federation now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blamehoffmann

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sun 17 May 2009 - 14:14

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pingu08

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sun 17 May 2009 - 20:08

Fear fuuuuuuuucking Factory

Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sun 17 May 2009 - 21:54

God knows I love The Clash, and especially “The magnificent seven” (“Ring ring seven AM”, that’s almost as good as Robert’s “drip drip drip” !) but hell, let’s face the truth : Sandinista is incredibly boring. Who needs a triple album if almost one half of the stuff is just loose, incredibly self-indulgent wanking ? The Clash were good at writing songs, not at playing lazy instrumental reggae intertwined with bits of this and that. This is really music for pot-heads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponge-Bob

Male Number of posts : 2428
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sun 17 May 2009 - 23:57

Pingu08 wrote:

Join my federation now

Where ? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sponge-bob.cowblog.fr
HD
controled by HypnoToad

Male Number of posts : 2980
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Sun 17 May 2009 - 23:59

Sponge-Bob wrote:
Pingu08 wrote:

Join my federation now

Where ? Smile

IYA?

tusors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

Male Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 1:29

vx cheerleader 69 wrote:

God knows I love The Clash, and especially “The magnificent seven” (“Ring ring seven AM”, that’s almost as good as Robert’s “drip drip drip” !) but hell, let’s face the truth : Sandinista is incredibly boring. Who needs a triple album if almost one half of the stuff is just loose, incredibly self-indulgent wanking ? The Clash were good at writing songs, not at playing lazy instrumental reggae intertwined with bits of this and that. This is really music for pot-heads.
This is something like my favorite album ever ignore
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 1:54

i'm afraid that i agree with the fatboy, sandinista is essential ! shock
Back to top Go down
Arturo Bandini

Male Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 10:07

This is really groovy and, dare I say, quite bowiesque in some way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pingu08

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 13:12

Granite - Pendulum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 14:54

Les Modules Etranges wrote:

wow, thank you... actually it was basically designed to sound like a prog rock song, but I guess that was the colder side of prog ha ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 14:56

Arturo Bandini wrote:
vx cheerleader 69 wrote:

This is something like my favorite album ever ignore

Then you must be a pot-head !
ANyway, I won't throw away Sandinista : every Clash album is necesary. But did it need to be so LONG ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 14:57

Arturo Bandini wrote:

This is really groovy and, dare I say, quite bowiesque in some way.

Bowiesque ? Sure ! Listen to Chris Connely's solo albums and you'll understand why !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 15:01

First of all, let’s make one thing clear : Jim Thirlwell (I’ll call him Jimbo, every fan on the planet seems to call him Jimbo) is a god. Jimbo isn’t a part of industrial music history : he IS industrial music, like Genesis P.Orridge or Blixa Bargeld ARE industrial music. And when referring to Foetus - and all his unnumerable side projects, Steroid Maximus, Wiseblood, Manorexia, etc. - as « industrial », you encompass all styles of « industrial » : metal-banging, oscillator distorting, heavy guitar riffing over beatboxes, walls of noises, dark-ambient, orchestral manipulations, improvisation, computers, aural torture, dancefloor chaos, spoken words... Plus some heavy amount of jazz. Foetus without the jazz wouldn’t be the same. Never heard a Foetus record ? Think of Tom Waits remixed by Graeme Revell in his SPK days, something like that. Get the point ? Need more data to understand this guy is a music living god ? Worked with Coil/The Virgin Prunes/Marc Almond/The Birthday Party/Nick Cave/Voivod/Nine Inch Nails/Nurse With Wound/Lydia Lunch/Raymond Watts (basically, Pig is a Foetus imitation)/I forget some. Heavily influenced Ministry and Nine Inch Nails, was ripped off by White Zombie (listen to « more human than human » and then « Stop trying to tie me » by Wiseblood). And, last but not least, this guy is a SONGWRITER, with some of the greatest english lyrics written - short sentences like « a woman’s place is on my face » or « the center of the universe is a very crowded place » are good sum-ups of his bitter lyrical wit. Yeah, some kind of industrial Tom Waits, really.
Now you got the picture, let’s get to the disappointment : this album somewhat sucks. At least the first three times you listen.

While most Foetus albums are a chaotic mix of almost anything - with the invariable swing/big-band songs, orchestral interludes and fucked-up rock'n'roll vs beatbox anthems, "Love" is a very coherent attempt to get back the harpsichord as the basic instrument for popular music. Hell, did I say back ? Sorry for this - the only popular music track I can remember with an harsichord, before this album, was the great "golden brown" by The Stranglers. Anyway, every song on Love features at one point or other some harpsichord - and this gives you a clue : Love is an orchestral album, from the beginning to the end. Score music, soundtrack music, neo-classical music, call it as you wish : 90% of the ingredients for this album are purely orchestral. Strings, brasses, percussions, piano, woodwinds, harpsichord, let's not forget the harpsichord, marching drums, tympanons ; there are very few "usual elements" on the tracks, almost no guitar, not much "classic" drums, no industrial noise at all, very few samples and synths (except for some cool 70's sounding moog, but by now, Moog should be thought of as an instrument from the orchestra). If you don't know Jim works alone in his studio with his machines and computers, you really can think this has been recorded with a full orchestra. Very few effects, very few overtly electronic songs. Well, does this make a good or a bad album ?
At first listen, most foetus fans will be utterly disapointed. Where are the growling, throat-rasping, grunting songs featuring Jim as a sleazy messiah for a post-atomic world ? Where is the badass swing from hell ? Where are the walls of distorted noises ? Almost nowhere to be seen. And, wait, Jim sings instead of screaming like a sexy beast. Tries to sing at least, in the most classical way, and, well, the voice of the guy is wonderful, but not when he tries to get melodical and beautiful and such. In most tracks, he's sounding like a demented punk singer in a methadone cure trying to sing like Freddy Mercury. Or maybe Celine Dion. Or maybe Frank Sinatra ? Awful, anyway Is this REALLY a Foetus record ?
Second listen : hey, these songs... well, some of them lack something, but... There's a lot of intiresting intricate symphonic patterns... And well, his voice, yes it's irritating, but, after all... you can forget about this... And it's not all the time, he has those menacing whispers and moans and narrations, something like Mickey Rourke's over-voice in Sin City... Maybe not Jim's best record, but... And there's this GREAT song with Jennifer Charles (from Elysian Fields) singing...
third listen : killer tunes indeed. And who cares about his voice anyway ? I have to take more ! more !
Yes, this album grows on you. And it grows BIGGER AND BIGGER. Like a drug.

1. (Not Adam) Definitely not the best song on the album, but a good opener. Harpsichord from the beginning, then a mad dramatic drive to god knows where...
2. Mon Agonie Douce This one is a waltz, sung in "french" (at least I recognised some french - I'm french, but when someone tries to sing it, it can get very strange), reminding A LOT of The Stranglers song I mentionned before. Anyway, this track features some of the weirdest brass-riffs ever, in the great Tom Waits/Tuxedomoon/Lounge Lizards tradition.
3. Aladdin Reverse A slow ambiant menace, like one of these creeping suspense scenes in 70's movies, brooding bass, subdued orchestral washes broken by apparently aleatory metal percussions... Dirty Harry style ! And then the songs really begins, low-spoken voice, and you feel like a storm is coming and you're lost on a dead-end street, and then hell breaks loose, thunderous orchestra hits, urban drums... This song can't be depicted more. It's epic, it's operatic, David Lynch could shoot a movie out of it. Killer tune, one of the darkest Jim ever wrote or performed.
4. Miracle after the incredible Aladdin Reverse, rim-shot brazilian jazz ? Is this a joke ? No, wait. This one may look a bit poppish at the beginning, but wait, wait...
5. Don't Want Me Anymore - another suspense soundtrack beginning, with some ethnical woodwind (reminded me of the Exorcist II soundtrack by Ennio Morricone), then turning to one of the saddest melancholic Foetus songs ever. Quite similar to Aladdin reverse in the epic construction, but way less angrier - this one won't scare you, it'll make you cry.
6. Blessed Evening : more or less, nothing new in this one, but a well-crafted "Love" song.
7. Pareidolia : beautifully laidback song, with no explosion, leaving you on your own expectations...
8. Thrush : featuring the fascinatingly treated voice of Jennifer Charles (it sounds like sand falling, if that makes sense - listen to understand), and more electronic rythms and bleeps - which are not the most interesting thing in that song. Really, the tinkerbell beats the bleep, here...
9. Time Marches On : quite similar to "Not Adam", in the beginning, but turning into military soundtrack stuff, music for armies marching... marching to nowhere, apparently. The tic-toc of a clock, the detuned piano-pattern are there to make one thing clear : death awaits.
10. How To Vibrate : last song for the album, logically, it's got the same construction as same of the already heard - brooding and menacing orchestra slowly building, cynical vocals, then, sucker, take this orchestral bombast in your face, and wait, here's some heavily treated guitar to put you on your knees. And when Jim made sure our ears bleed and our heart is broken, he leaves us with nothing but the sound of a cheap organ slowly stopping... Fade to black, that's the end of the movie.

Jim Thirlwell wrote here some of his most beautiful and achieved music, bombastic, melancolic, eerie-sounding, brass-blasting, string grinding. It's like Ennio Morricone fucking with Lalo Schifrin on acid, it's like Barry Adamson escaping from a psychiatric hospital, it's like The Divine Comedy infected by pure darkness. Jim takes you for a ride with the four hoursemen of the apocalypse, once more... Tracks like Aladdin Reverse or Time Marches On will be remembered as essential Foetus songs, maybe THE essential Foetus songs. Essential !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XTA

Male Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 15:16

vx cheerleader 69 wrote:
Les Modules Etranges wrote:

wow, thank you... actually it was basically designed to sound like a prog rock song, but I guess that was the colder side of prog ha ha

it would be very coool if you post the version with solo guitar ! i love it !!! a space mix between The Cure "Kiss me kiss me kiss me", Archive "Again" and some Floyd gimmicks. The final version is great but i prefer the demo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/polytrauma
vx

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 15:37

You still have it ? I have lost my whole Cult Movie backing with all projects and unfinished versions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Her Doktor Taz-kore
Сталкер A.K.A. فدائي Taz

Male Number of posts : 7188
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 16:39

rulaiz

The Real Origins of Cheerleader 69 hahahaa!!

tusors
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vault106.free.fr
XTA

Male Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 17:40

vx cheerleader 69 wrote:
You still have it ? I have lost my whole Cult Movie backing with all projects and unfinished versions...

here is :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3DSSL6KH

Punish Yourself - Dead Hills (Alternate demo version)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/polytrauma
Sponge-Bob

Male Number of posts : 2428
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 18:18

HD wrote:
Sponge-Bob wrote:
Pingu08 wrote:

Join my federation now

Where ? Smile

IYA?

tusors

Easy :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sponge-bob.cowblog.fr
silexame

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Mon 18 May 2009 - 19:33

So perfect ::love::
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now ?   Today at 6:57

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next