FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Robert Wyatt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Robert Wyatt   Wed 18 Feb 2009 - 2:35

His latest album Comicopera is just oustanding - maybe his best work since Old Rottenhat and Rock Bottom. Really ! Featuring Brian Eno, Paul Weller, Phil Manzanera, Anja Garbarek... No video for this record, but it really must be heard.

And, by the way, here's a very beautiful rendition of Sea Song, jazzier than most versions...

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Robert Wyatt   Wed 18 Feb 2009 - 2:49

The cover version he mades from "I'm a Believer"
It's ENORMOUS (at the chocolate) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vx

PostSubject: Re: Robert Wyatt   Sat 2 Jan 2010 - 14:17

This might be the best record released by a Pink Floyd member outside Pink Floyd ; it’s also a very good Robert Wyatt album (he sings all songs but one) ; and it’s also a very good Carla Bley album (she wrote all the material). Is this jazz, or jazz-rock ? Well, no, I’d say this is rock-jazz, taking the best from both worlds… Every time I listen to this record I discover new layers of listening pleasure. The sax work is stunning (amazing Gary Windo !), the songs are wonderfully “pop” without ever feeling commercial, the arrangements are meticulously written ; there could be some kind of competition between the “rock” side of the crew (Nick Mason, Chris Spedding) and the jazzheads, but no, this just sounds right – perfectly balanced ; like the record balances between nonsensic humour (“can’t get my motor to start”, almost zappaian) and melancholy (this is Robert Wyatt singing after all). Lots of people think of this album as a minor gem, I tend to think it’s an absolutely overlooked masterpiece. Essential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Robert Wyatt   Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 9:44

this is not a Robert Wyatt masterpiece/milestone, but it's a really nice album, navigating between relaxed luminous jazz (there are several standarts here, like ROund Midnight), darker ballads and refreshing oddities like the pro-palestinian arabic rap of Where Are They Now... Which makes even more sense knowing this record is a collaboration with an israeli sax player, Gilad Atzmon. Robert Wyatt, never dead, always red !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekiko

Female Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Robert Wyatt   Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 21:41

vx wrote:
His latest album Comicopera is just oustanding - maybe his best work since Old Rottenhat and Rock Bottom. Really ! Featuring Brian Eno, Paul Weller, Phil Manzanera, Anja Garbarek... No video for this record, but it really must be heard.

And, by the way, here's a very beautiful rendition of Sea Song, jazzier than most versions...

anna ordered Comicopera , we're waitin' for it impatiently !
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah umn it's been sent , it's on its way !!
Actually Comicopera is on Deezer . I decided to listen to 2 or 3 songs , on purpose , just to salivate before I finally hold the record in my arms . sonar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekiko

Female Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Robert Wyatt   Sat 30 Oct 2010 - 16:15

Photobucket

amour

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Wyatt   Today at 3:21