FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The end of Nine Inch Nails ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JeanKevin

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Thu 19 Feb 2009 - 9:06

Source : www.nin.com

Quote :
2.16.09: A note from Trent and a wave goodbye

Towards the beginning of my career in Nine Inch Nails, our biggest break came in the form of an invitation to perform a series of shows with Jane's Addiction. These performances essentially created and defined the term "alternative" rock in the US, created an ongoing festival franchise that is still thriving (Lollapalooza), set the stage for Nirvana to shift popular taste a few months later, and were really f**king FUN to play and attend - truly the best times I've had. The shows were epic. So epic, they propelled NIN to the "next level" (whatever that means), but caused Jane's to implode. The band broke up at the end of that tour.

Fast forward to the present. Corporate rock STILL sucks. A friend tells me they saw the original Jane's lineup play a tiny show in LA that was unbelievable. I break out my Jane's records and am amazed by how vital they sound. These guys were the real deal and in this current climate mostly dominated by poseurs and pussies it was refreshing to hear something that sounded dangerous, volatile, beautiful and SINCERE.
Emails were sent, phone calls were made, dinner was arranged, ideas were discussed and the next thing I know we're in the studio experimenting. We laugh, we get to know each other, we cry, we yell, we almost quit, we record LOTS of guitar solos, we discuss, we actually begin to all communicate, we yell some more, we become FRIENDS, we laugh again and we do some great things. I get to see first hand why they broke up all those years ago but I also get the chance to see four distinct personalities that become an INCREDIBLE band when they're in the same room.

In NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while. Last year's "Lights in the Sky" tour was something I'm quite proud of and seems like the culmination of what I could pull off in terms of an elaborate production. It was also quite difficult to pull off technically and physically night after night and left us all a bit dazed. After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year - much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted. Fun for us and a different way for you to see us and wave goodbye. I reached out to Jane's to see if they'd want to join us across the US and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Are there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope.
Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does.
Look for tour dates soon and I hope to see you out there.

Trent

posted by trent reznor at 2:57pm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.walnutlocust.com
suicyco

Male Number of posts : 5622
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Thu 19 Feb 2009 - 12:58

that's the third time they say that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ben_suicyco
ZombieČ

Male Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Thu 19 Feb 2009 - 15:13

After the three last albums, the end of NIN came 2 years ago for me. But if it's true, I've never seen, and I'll never see them on stage. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/moumoute666

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Thu 19 Feb 2009 - 17:50

I don't think Trent Reznor will not make music in a form or another, could it be music production, or music outside NIN, I don't see him stopping completely, or postponing his music to be released in some years later, he's surely became more productive recently, even if he did not make the best NIN music recently... well I don't know.

And there's the fact he's already said something quite similar some time ago...

we'll see I guess, maybe it's time for a solo trent reznor on the piano, at least :S dunno.
Back to top Go down
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Sat 21 Feb 2009 - 20:01

He should form a supergroup called Janes' Inch Nails or Nine Inchnictions, maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HD
controled by HypnoToad

Male Number of posts : 2980
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Sun 1 Mar 2009 - 19:06

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeNieD

Number of posts : 2953
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Sun 1 Mar 2009 - 23:44

There're huge songs on the last NIN albums, fuck people who don't have ears...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HD
controled by HypnoToad

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Fri 6 Mar 2009 - 12:20

NIN: The Fragile live from on stage, Adelaide 2.28.09 [HD] from Nine Inch Nails on Vimeo.

+

Quote :
Our tour this summer with Jane's Addiction just got that much cooler. I'm happy to announce the addition of Street Sweeper - the new project featuring Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine / The Nightwatchman) and Boots Riley (The Coup). Have an exclusive first listen RIGHT HERE.

We are aiming to make this much more than just three acts sharing a bill...
Tour dates RIGHT HERE.

On sale info coming soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HD
controled by HypnoToad

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Sat 14 Mar 2009 - 21:25

06.19.09 Nickelsdorf, Austria, Nova Rock Festival
06.20.09 Neuhausen, Germany, Southside Festival
06.21.09 Scheessel, Germany, Hurricane Festival
06.27.09 St. Gallen, Switzerland, St. Gallen Festival (Nick Cave)
07.02.09 Arvika, Sweden, Arvika Festival
07.03.09 Roskilde, Denmark, Roskilde Festival
07.05.09 Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter (Metallica, The Prodigy, Nick Cave)
07.11.09 Kinross, Scotland T in the Park Festival
07.12.09 Naas, Ireland Oxegen Festival
08.02.09 Knebworth, England Sonisphere Festival

at last rulaiz rulaiz rulaiz rulaiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   Wed 1 Apr 2009 - 20:27

http://www.nin.com/strobelight/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of Nine Inch Nails ?   

Back to top Go down

The end of Nine Inch Nails ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1