FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mote In Your Eye

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Thu 26 Feb 2009 - 21:55

Ain't that a good subject ?

let's begin with :

this is not exactly a soundtrack, but John Zorn playing Ennio Morricone's music - this record features Mike Patton, Diamanda Galas, and many more... ANd, well, this is a kind of disappointment. If you're into Zappa or Fantomas, you might like it ; if not, get back to the original versions... The only two really good tracks is the noise-guitar version of Harmonica Man and the Patton sung "ballad of Hank Mac Cain".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Mon 18 May 2009 - 15:50

Alan Silvestri - Judge Dredd OST

If you like classical Hollywood “epic” soundtracks, with full bombastic orchestra, war-drums, screeching strings and percussions everywhere… Well you’ll like this one ; but it really lacks depth, to say the least, and a real sense of melody. Alan Silvestri is not Ennio Morriconne or John Williams. Anyway : nice. Too bad the movie is so lousy : this would be perfect for a Warhammer 4k OST !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Her Doktor Taz-kore
Сталкер A.K.A. فدائي Taz

Male Number of posts : 7188
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Mon 18 May 2009 - 16:21

About Warhammer 40K, all the video game soundtrack are wonderfull! you have to listen this! realy great EPIC Orchestral music!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vault106.free.fr
dead joe

Number of posts : 1411
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Mon 18 May 2009 - 19:21

I've been listenin quite a lot to Joseph LoDuca's soundtracks, recently (Xena, the Evil Dead movies). Not great either, but quite energetic or quite creepy at times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
E.

Male Number of posts : 1585
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Tue 19 May 2009 - 2:16

Wes Anderson's soundtracks are usually quite great (as are his movies) -been listening the darjeeling ltd's ost all day, can't seem to get enough of it
Wes Anderson cheers me up in a way not many things can -and so do the soundtracks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XTA

Male Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Tue 19 May 2009 - 4:26

a perfect mix of the four previous Fantomas album !
(if it were a Fantomas album it would be the best in my opinion)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/polytrauma
Blamehoffmann

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sat 23 May 2009 - 11:21

Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 18:53

Roy Budd The Marseille Contract

A masterpiece ! Pure 70’s suspense soundtracking, mixing orchestra, wah guitar, moog, tablas and some accordion (the movie being set in France). Roy Budd, compared to Lalo Schifrin, has somewhat of a “more English” sound (think John Barry or the KPM sound archives), but displays a stunning ability to tackle every genre without ever getting impersonal. Highly influential – listen to anything by Steroid Maximus and you’ll get the idea…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 18:54

here's a link to download it here : http://dichtungundwahrheit2006.blogspot.com/2006/11/marseille-contract-1974-music-by-roy.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 0:14

:dead:
Back to top Go down
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 7:58

grrmb, i didn't know of this topic, I had a phase where I listened to a TON of soundtracks....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
nightmarica

Male Number of posts : 4143

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 10:52

l'exorciste II by john boorman and ost by ennio morricone himself

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

Male Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 12:46

Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 17:03

tried to watch "deadlock" on Arte but I fell asleep. That's partly not the movie's fault, I was very tired. Anyway, if you listen carefully to one of the Can tracks for this movie : I sampled a guitar line there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 22:54

Last edited by Teiko on Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 2:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 23:26

nightmarica wrote:
l'exorciste II by john boorman and ost by ennio morricone himself

Not the best Morriconne OST, but there are some really freaky tracks in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 9:57

(bootleg (very good quality))

Disc One

1. Prologue And Main Titles 3:54
2. Leon's Voight Kampff Test 1:09
3. Sushi Bar - Damask Rose 2:46
4. Spinner Ascent 1:21
5. Blush Response 5:43
6. Wait For Me 5:12
7. Deckard Meets Rachael 1:36
8. Rachael's Song 4:20
9. Tales Of The Future 4:53
10. Bicycle Riders 2:10
11. Chew's Eye Lab 1:15
12. Memories Of Green 5:35
13. Blade Runner Blues 10:01
14. Pris Meets J.F. Sebastian 1:47
15. One More Kiss‚ Dear 4:04

Disc Two

1. Deckard Dream 1:10
2. Thinking Of Rachael 1:18
3. Esper Analysis 2:34
4. Animoid Row 2:34
5. Taffey Lewis Night Club 2:02
6. Salome's Dance 1:23
7. Zhora's Retirement 1:42
8. I am The Business 2:29
9. Love Theme 4:58
10. I Dreamt Music 4:32
11. Morning At The Bradbury 3:46
12. The Prodigal Son Brings Death 4:07
13. Deckard Enters The Bradbury 3:37
14. Dangerous Days 0:57
15. Wounded Animals 10:53
16. Tears In Rain 2:51
17. Rachael Sleeps 2:08
18. End Titles 4:06

edit : PERFECT EDITION ::lettre::
Back to top Go down
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 2:49

no opinion yet :s
Back to top Go down
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 23:38

nice one.

Last edited by Teiko on Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 8:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nightmarica

Male Number of posts : 4143

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Thu 27 Aug 2009 - 1:58

cannibal holocaust ost by riz ortolani

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zorn

Male Number of posts : 1848
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 21:30

Wonderful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 9:40

Well... This is a bit of a mythic piece of music. But in my books, it just doesn't work. I love 70's funky tracks, really, but here, we just get an awfully frenchy attempt at being funky. Just makes me feel like I'm watching french TV from the late 70s. And believe me, these aren't good memories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 12:57

a few tracks are really worth the hearing, even if you din't see the movie ; but most of the stuff is too americana-psych oriented for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Fri 4 Sep 2009 - 6:46

first time i listen to this soundtrack, and on the first notes of the first track (well it's the theme) I already like it. (I still have / need / to watch the series and the movie.)
Back to top Go down
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 12:42

Teiko wrote:
first time i listen to this soundtrack, and on the first notes of the first track (well it's the theme) I already like it. (I still have / need / to watch the series and the movie.)

try listening to Foxbat Strategy !!!! It's the band playing in the background... Really close in mood to the Twin Peaks atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 12:44

here's a link where you can download it : http://highallthetimeuk.blogspot.com/2008/01/wild-angels-ost-1966.html

This one is a really COOL piece of ending-sixties-bikexploitation music. Poppy fuzz with surf overtones, and it fits the movie so well... Try it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Mon 7 Sep 2009 - 19:09

vx cheerleader 69 wrote:

a few tracks are really worth the hearing, even if you din't see the movie ; but most of the stuff is too americana-psych oriented for me.

edit : some tracks are REALLY worth the hearing. Especially "freedom of expression" by the JB Pickers (pure pedal-to-the-metal psychedelic frenzy) and "mississipi queen" by Mountain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Mon 7 Sep 2009 - 19:46

Vangelis – L’apocalypse des animaux

Most of the time, I HATE Vangelis. I really hate him. I mean, cheesy synths playing bad taste emphatic’n’bombastic (not to say absolutely over-the-toply pompous – ooops, too late, that’s said) melodic lines, who needs that ? Not me. Yeah, sometimes, it works (the Blade Runner OST), but that’s not the point I’m trying to make. On older recordings, Vangelis sometimes displays a real sense of melancholia, and avoids overusing the then-new synthetiser tools : “L’apocalypse des animaux” is full of electric pianos and acoustic instruments played, with a distinct early 70’s feeling, to build naïve but beautiful melodies ; even when it comes to more new-agey tracks, there is nothing “powerful” (in the bad sense of the word) or grandiloquent here, and that’s good. Among the first wave of “ambient” records, this may be considered as a minor classic, building a bridge between classic soundtrack scoring and new approaches to music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 8:02

hmm, I'll listen to this one. I absolutly ADORE the Blade Runner OST, but the two or three other tracks not from Blade Runner I heard where "quite" (means totally) cheesy, I agree. (But as a big fan of the OST of Blade Runner, maybe I'll even like his cheesy stuff ...)

BTW, I don't know much Enio Morriconne, apart from classics werstern's themes obiouvsly, I'll dig into his soundtracks (cause I'm in a period where I listen to a lot of soundtracks)... but

I tried to listen to his OST of the 97 Lolita just cause I stumbled upon it.. and couldn't go further the three first songs, found 'em cheesy... do I miss something?
Back to top Go down
vx

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 8:39

Never tried Lolita. Sometimes Morriconne can be really bad, especially when he tries to tackle with romanticism. But his classic stuff has to be explored !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")   Today at 4:07

Back to top Go down

Movie Soundtracks ("now listening to...")
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next