FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Thu 26 Feb 2009 - 22:21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krzysztof_Penderecki

The « Polish Requiem » by Penderecki is one of the most beautiful orchestra and choir suite ever composed. Dark, brooding, dramatic, intensely atonal at times, then perfectly classical ; bombastic yet subtle. If you’re familiar with Stanley Kubrick films soundtracks (and many other OSTs), you already heard Penderecki’s music ; try digging deeper !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Requiem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dead joe

Number of posts : 1411
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Fri 6 Mar 2009 - 14:22

Glenn Branca

Découvrez Glenn Branca!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Fri 6 Mar 2009 - 17:55

I don't know the Stanley Kubrick's films soundtracks, but I don't know why I have a good feeling about Penderecki, I surely already have been told about him, I'll try this album... I don't know anything in contemporary classical... also, contemporary classical music feels a bit scary for me, I just know so few about classical music yet, so contemporary and "atonal" things.... but let's try ^^
Back to top Go down
Diva[Crash]
Bisounours

Female Number of posts : 6740

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Fri 6 Mar 2009 - 17:59

Penderecki is HUGE *shivers*

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/divatrash
vx

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Fri 6 Mar 2009 - 19:49

There's a lot of Philip Glass in the Watchmen OST - Glass is just perfect for scenes on Mars or the Moon ha ha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HD
controled by HypnoToad

Male Number of posts : 2980
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Fri 6 Mar 2009 - 19:51

I had the great pleasure to handle the lights for a concert Penderecki gave 2 years ago in a church (he played his latest creation). Even if there was nothing glorious in dealing with the lights when Penderecki appeared on stage, it was a quite moving moment, since I'm absolutely admirative of his works.

([/It's my life.com mode] ^^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dead joe

Number of posts : 1411
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Sat 7 Mar 2009 - 9:51

Still don"t know how to classify it, but Bobby Beausoleil's soundtrack for Lucifer Rising haunted me for years, and is now one of my favorite albums, or symphonies, or whatever piece of music you feel like to rank.

The cover by Fantômas & John Zorn is great also.

(the music featured in this video is quite synthetic (though potentially great), but ther are also some great guitar moments in this OST...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr arco

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 13:51

Composed by the Castelucci musician :

http://www.youtube.com/v/GyD9hdasH0Y&hl=fr&fs=1

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diva[Crash]
Bisounours

Female Number of posts : 6740

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 14:15

I'm not sure she fits here, but i LOVE Clara Rockmore

The sound of Theremin is just magical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/divatrash
vx

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Sun 24 May 2009 - 21:49

Carl Orff – Prometheus

Most people only know Orff’s Carmina Burana. Which is a shame : in my opinion, some of his epic work is far better – especially the Catulli Carmina or the Trionfo Di Afrodite. “Prometheus” is a kind of greek tragedy put into music, which means a lot of “spoken” voices, in ancient greek here ; it’s sometimes a bit long, but still really powerful. The use of tympani is SO HEAVY… Anyway, the influence of Orff’s work over Laibach or Magma is so conspicuous you really should have a listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)   Today at 12:33

Back to top Go down

Contemporary classical music '"what are you listening to ?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1