FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fields Of The Nephilim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Fields Of The Nephilim   Sun 1 Mar 2009 - 15:08

One of my favorite bands ever. "Elyzium" and "Eart Inferno" stand among my all-time favourites indeed. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaac Coooooooooooooooooooooooyyyy

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fields Of The Nephilim   Wed 4 Mar 2009 - 16:34

I used to only listen to / focus on the first album for a long time, with songs I adore, Laura II, Slow Kill, and loved the album Mourning Sun when it came out, but finally I managed to really listen to the second and third and there are very good too, but different from the first...

there's a song I found magnificent, it's Celebrate (second seal), I could listen to it on repeat many times without getting bored, the minimalism and the voice of McCoy.... but anyway one of my fave bands...
Back to top Go down
vx

PostSubject: Re: Fields Of The Nephilim   Thu 5 Mar 2009 - 10:13

I love the first record but it's a bit too "raw" for me. I also love the Gehenna EP - the use of saxophone in early Fields days was just so unusual... But then I'm really IN LOVE with Elyzium and Eart Inferno, probably because of the distinct Pink Floyd vibe they echo with. I'll have to listen again to later stuff like Mourning Sun, but I was not quite impressed at first...

By the way, the Mac Coy "solo" album Nefilim is VERY good if you're into metal stuff ! :headbang:
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fields Of The Nephilim   Thu 5 Mar 2009 - 11:42

Seen them live last year in Belgium and it was dreadful, except when they did "Moonchild" and other old stuff.

You're right when you say that "Elisium" is the best Lp, so the "Nephilim" one and "Dawnrazor"... "Earth Inferno" is one one my favourites too. biker

...but "metal" and recent work are not my cup of tea
Back to top Go down
Sbzwei

Male Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Fields Of The Nephilim   Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 14:07

Earth Inferno and Nephilim are masterpieces !

But it's so sad to see Mc Coy's 'drift' since so many years. Latest good produ ction was Zoon, and its now a 13 years old LP
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://punishyourself.maxximum.org
vx

PostSubject: Re: Fields Of The Nephilim   Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 18:12

Sbzwei wrote:
Earth Inferno and Nephilim are masterpieces !

But it's so sad to see Mc Coy's 'drift' since so many years. Latest good produ ction was Zoon, and its now a 13 years old LP

Yeah, absolutely sad. I'll give a second listen to his last productions anyway, but I'm pretty sure I'll be sisppointed again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fields Of The Nephilim   Today at 4:54

Back to top Go down

Fields Of The Nephilim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1