FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 17:57

After fifty years of unconditional support to Israel, seems like the USA are changing their views on the middle-east. This may be just another incarnation of realpolitik in its most cynical form (getting closer to the “arabs” to open new markets, lessen the embarrassing influence of Saoudi Arabia, counter Iranian projects, and so on…) but at least that’s a real shift… Especially after the Bush days. Opening of a new era ?

Well at least people do... react, t say the least !

http://jewagainstobama.wordpress.com/

or, in the other hand (that was before Obama's travel to the middle-east) :

(browsing some page I just discovered the word "ziocons", standing for "zionist conservatives", after the "neocons" for "neo-conservative"... I don't know what to think, but this world is completely fugazi (or "messhuggah", for that matter)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

Male Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Thu 4 Jun 2009 - 19:55

I wouldn't call Israeli politics or the zicon movement (a subject of jokes for many american jews) zionism in any way, but that's always a matter of debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tomaz

Male Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 23:10

for the moment we can say that the israeli goverment have a ultra zionist thinking, colonisation continue, palestian murder continu, a racist foreign affair minister, that's clear no ?

if Obama cant break the american zionism lobby and do what he say, it can be cool, if ONU can do their resolution because USA don't use their verto, palestinian can have their country (in 10 years, i think not before)

now the things is in Israel and in Hamas...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 23:18

Arturo Bandini wrote:
I wouldn't call Israeli politics or the zicon movement (a subject of jokes for many american jews) zionism in any way, but that's always a matter of debate.

Sure is. Actually I always thought the original Herzl zionism was rather cool, but whatever happened then ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Fri 5 Jun 2009 - 23:55

Yeah, I read Herzl, didn't agree with everything (but it was the 19th century, a time for nationalism everywhere), but it must be said that it's NOT a religious zionism, nothing about the kingdom of David or anything like that. Actually people like Lieberman hate Herzl cuz he's a sissy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tomaz

Male Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Sat 6 Jun 2009 - 0:02

i recognize you scritch...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Sat 6 Jun 2009 - 0:04

fou
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeNieD

Number of posts : 2953
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Sat 6 Jun 2009 - 16:37

Things 'll never change over there, until we schedule a massive orbital nuclear strike, to make everybody there right and happy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Sat 6 Jun 2009 - 17:38

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeNieD

Number of posts : 2953
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Sat 6 Jun 2009 - 19:34

Yes, that's sad, iknow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcel Chauvet

Male Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 18:32

Palestinians must abandon violence. Resistance through violence and killing is wrong and does not succeed. For centuries, black people in America suffered the lash of the whip as slaves and the humiliation of segregation. But it was not violence that won full and equal rights fleurs . It was a peaceful and determined insistence upon the ideals at the center of America’s founding. This same story can be told by people from South Africa to South Asia; from Eastern Europe to Indonesia. It’s a story with a simple truth: that violence is a dead end. It is a sign of neither courage nor power to shoot rockets at sleeping children, or to blow up old women on a bus. That is not how moral authority is claimed; that is how it is surrendered. Bender Rulaiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Sun 7 Jun 2009 - 19:11

True that the other side don't blast children and old women... Rolling Eyes I'm not implying that makes it fair or legitimate defense (I would say exactly the opposite to anyone from the other side), but blaming one side (whichever side) is a bit narrow.

And no violence from the black side in South Africa? Go check again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krist Off

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Wed 10 Jun 2009 - 9:22

Obama perpetuates the lies handed down to him.
There is no lesser evil in politics.
The only answer is revolution!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/deadfrailhonesty
vx

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   Thu 11 Jun 2009 - 10:40

Krist Off wrote:
Obama perpetuates the lies handed down to him.
There is no lesser evil in politics.
The only answer is revolution!

I tend to think you're perfectly right, but I also tend to think any revolution turns into a bloodbath and more (different) lies. Anyway you go, humanity is a dead end... In the meantime, well, we all have to manage everyday matters - or maybe just walk away from everything, that's a choice too. I don't feel really "concerned" by the middle-east, but find the subject pretty interesting ; it's like watching something burn. The way it burns has no meaning but can be pretty amusing. So, is Obama going to change in any way the course of chaos ? What will the ripples in the sea of events look like ?

Human history is like passing clouds. I'm waiting for a rabbit-shaped cloud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?   

Back to top Go down

Obama & sionism : things they are a’changing ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1