FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The comics/manga/graphic novels/etc. topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dead joe

Number of posts : 1411
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: The comics/manga/graphic novels/etc. topic   Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 0:30

I'll start with my last discovery :

I didn't even know it had been adapted into a comic. And it totally rocks !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaze

Male Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2007-01-10

PostSubject: Re: The comics/manga/graphic novels/etc. topic   Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 2:38

The last ones that I read and loved were pacush blues 2 and 7 . The guy has built so good worlds in his comics

And also, the 2 last manga series that I follow are berserk and gunnm last order (I admit sometimes It becomes boring like in the tournament) .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kazeplop.blogspot.com/
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: The comics/manga/graphic novels/etc. topic   Thu 9 Jul 2009 - 22:00

I read a "graphic novel" today and I loved it Smile :
The author is Black Frog, an illustrator, concept-artist (worked for big movies like Harry Potter, X-men abd Le Pacte des Loups) , he is also and actif member of the forum "café salé" . He went in my school to draw and talk and it was quite impressive .
But in this graphic novel, there' s not super illustration, because he did it in 3 months, making 10 pages a day . So the drawings are very spontaneous .
And it' s an autobiography, talking about his travel in the world of drawing, comics, concept-art, etc.
Told like that I don' t know if it' s look interesting but I really liked it .

15€ for 320pages in black and white
Back to top Go down
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: The comics/manga/graphic novels/etc. topic   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 20:38

ok, let' s try to put something interesting .
It seems there are other topics about comics etc. but they are in french and I still don' t know if we got to talk in french or english ...

I think there are 2 comics I keep watching and waiting very much : hellboy and 100 bullets

Hellboy is amazing because the way Mignola draws, and bring his stories put a very strong "ambiance" . when I started I thought that It was really cool but not as much as other people was saying it . But the beginning is slow to take .
I think it' s a little like the "tales from the crypt" stories and all of that EC comics, Creepy etc.
That' s short creepy stories . By the way, there' s a hellboy number which is called weird tales, and that' s a direct reference to the pulp and these EC comics, with many drawers, including Corben itself !

But It become more interesting when you start to follow the story of Hellboy and his purpose on earth . The last hellboys are sooo good, the sketch a friend draw explain it very well :

There is now an other drawer for Hellboy, but he' s good and adapted very well Mignola' style . I believe Mignola doesn' t have enough time for it .

And the other comics I love is 100 bullets :

The principe is simple :

Quote :
The initial plot of 100 Bullets hinges on the question of whether people would take the chance to get away with revenge. The mysterious Agent Graves approaches someone who has been the victim of a terrible wrong. Graves gives them the chance to set things right by providing them a handgun, the eponymous 100 bullets, and documentation of the person primarily and personally responsible for the recipient's woes. He informs the candidate that the bullets are completely untraceable, and any law enforcement investigation which uncovers one of these bullets will immediately stop.

So, it bring many stories of people who will discover that the event that broke their life wasn' t an accident . They don' t know If they v got to revenge, and why Agent Graves gave these informations . Of course there is a main plot with Agent Graves, his purpose, and a story of people who govern the world .

The strenght of this comics is the stories, well built , from Azarello, sometimes like a polar which brings you to very different people and places . Azarello made some other really good comics like a story of CAGE with Corben that I really liked, and also Hellblazer . He' s known for his "dialogues" using a lot of funny slang ... But don' t buy the Batman Deathblow, it sucks .

Risso, is a fucking god, from Argentina, he' s got an expressive and very narrative style, he knows how to put and ambiance . A style with a lot of black areas, like Mignola, Frank Miller, and all that people who comes, directly or not, from Milton Caniff (Terry and the Pirates)
He also worked on "I m a vampire" and "Point de rupture" with Trillo which are 2 good series .

and it' s not a serie but I loved it sooo much : Body World from Dash Shaw
It' s closer to the underground comix or I don' t care what they call it, the stuff like charles burns . Dash Shaw made The bottomless Belly button which was selectionated at Angouleme Festival, it' s really good but I prefer Body World .

The story is about a crazy man who

You can read It free on his website here : http://www.dashshaw.com/prelude.html
It ' s in english, and be careful because at the bottom of the strips, there is a link to the next page, in the same chapter . .
Or you can buy it cause it has just brang out in french but I hesitated buying it because I believe it' s originally made for an internet lecture . They managed to respect the lecture, by putting a strange dipsosition of the pages, perhaps it' s ok, I don' know ...

The story is about a man who test the plants and their effects . He come in a city where he find a strange plant which allow him to mentally and physically switch whith others (well it' s not totally that) , the first time it happens is fantastic, I put it here, I think it can be a good "preview" :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comics/manga/graphic novels/etc. topic   Today at 12:36

Back to top Go down

The comics/manga/graphic novels/etc. topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1