FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Perdita Durango

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Perdita Durango   Thu 2 Jul 2009 - 0:21

I already loved Alex De La Iglesia, but I didn’t expect this one to be SO FUCKING COOL. I mean, a movie about a terror couple kidnapping two blonde teenagers to sacrifice them in a voodoo ceremony, doesn’t that sound cool ? A female anti-heroin dressed like Tura Satana in Faster Pussycat Kill Kill, and acting like her, doesn’t that sound cool ? A truck loaded with Foetuses that must be driven to Las Vegas, doesn’t that sound cool ? And, well, Javier Bardem with a rather … strange… haircut… That may not sound cool, but it is. Somewhere between Natural Born Killers, Russ Meyer, Rob Zombie movies and From Dusk Till Dawn, “Perdita Durango” is a perfect piece of adventurous and trashy nonsense. Sex, santeria (“el culto de los santos”), a crazy mix of spanish and latino-accented english, beautifully used cinematographic references (the use of “Vera Cruz” in the end is just quite perfect !!!), a really moving end (which is not what you expect in this kind of movies !), it should have become cult – it really deserves it, . Maybe it’s not too late !

By the way, if you hadn’t noticed it : Perdita Durango is a character from Wild At Heart, the book by Barry Gifford that got adapted by David Lynch (“Sailor & Lula”, for French people) – but don’t expect anything lynch-esque here. Both movies may share a lot in terms of scenario – the American mythology of the mad-love-couple-on-the-road, a real sense of grotesque -, but the way the story is treated has just nothing to do. So please, no comparison, they would be absolutely meaningless…

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lynn
créature à cheveux

Female Number of posts : 5517

PostSubject: Re: Perdita Durango   Thu 2 Jul 2009 - 0:27

yea, this movie is fucking great! but i don't think it has "the" thing to be cult, maybe the main characters are not enough nice for that, don't know, anyway I fucking love this movie!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lynnsk.com
lynn
créature à cheveux

Female Number of posts : 5517

PostSubject: Re: Perdita Durango   Thu 2 Jul 2009 - 0:29

however, i don't understand the haircut.

&
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lynnsk.com
dead joe

Number of posts : 1411
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Perdita Durango   Thu 2 Jul 2009 - 7:03

N33d.

Javier Bardem is one of the greatest actors alive, whatever the haircut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perdita Durango   Today at 12:38

Back to top Go down

Perdita Durango
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FRENCH CHAOS ZONE :: Chaos French Zone-
Jump to: