FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SYLVICIOUS

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 11:35

GOTHRONIC :

The French electro-trio 'Tamtrum' is about to release a new and fresh load of fast and hard electronic beats with the album "Fuck You I'm Drunk/Stronger Than Cats. A, at first sight, somewhat bizarre title for an album, but when you listen to this album it gets clarified. You might call it a kind of split-cd, in which the lads Sylvicious, Benoit XVI and Fixhead try to show us two different faces of 'Tamtrum'. In the first "Fuck You I'm Drunk-chapter a whole weight of guitarsamples are included. Believe it or not, but country, western, blues, metal en funky-riffs are supported with an armoury of electrobeats. Especially openingtrack 'Assrider' will make your eyesbrows frown because of the upper country and westernlevel. The next song 'I Think Ov Me When I Touch Yourself' has a strong start with a kind of 'Ministry'-like riff but it ends as a diluted 'ZZ-top'-vomit. The title track 'Fuck You I'm Drunk' is, according to me, the next alternative electrobluesy boozer-song which is better to be banged into your livingroom after a good night out, on condition that you have no direct neighbours. The intro of 'Smart' is reaped straight from a disco smash hit from the seventies, after which the addition of a metalguitarsound leads to a chorus inferno. 'Milkyboy' is a song in the best electro-clash tradition. Dancing is the motto on this one!!

After that, it's time for change. The heavy, dark electrosound, which 'Tamtrum' is best known for, is introduced by the guys themselves in a cool interlude. 'Speed Madly Twisted Earth Fuck Off' is an instant banger. No more guitars, in stead you get harder beats, fierce synths and faster rhythms. Aggrotech at it's best. And it gets even harder and faster. 'Les Enfants De Dieu' is full of weird samples, old EBM-beats and synthsounds from early Nitzer Ebb or later Spetsnaz. Guaranteed succes on the dancefloor!! 'Stronger Than Cats' is pure 'electro-on-speed' with even elements of hard-techno. Watch out with those pills, guys!! In 'O.Killed' the roof is blown off really. Pure, hard and dark electro for a trip. Don't try to dance on this one if you're not 100% fit. The final track 'Junky, Funky, Monkey' is my personal minus point for the album. You actually hear the lack of something here. Harsh beats and samples are there, but those 'black-metal'-vocals give me the creeps. It looks like the industrial-metalsounds, which seem so obvious in this piece, are completely forgotten to being recorded. Too bad, this should or could have sounded better. Nevertheless fans of a cocktail-party full of brainless electro, a rock'n clashorgy full of sex, drugs and alcohol will have a great and 'wild' time with this "Fuck You I'm Drunk/Stronger Than Cats-album.

8/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 11:39

BRUTAL RESONANCE :

I haven't really heard Tamtrum before if you don't count last year when I saw them at a festival and thought they were just like any other EBM band. So I was very surprised when I got their latest album 'Fuck You I'm Drunk / Stronger Than Cats' it was nothing like what I had heard live at least half of it.
This album is very different because it's almost like two albums in one and two different styles on the same CD. Half of the album contains ass kicking industrial rock/punk and the other half some kind of EBM that feels very uninspiring and confusing.
The lyrics are really funny and almost a bit childish with offensive phrases like “Don't you know I fuck your mom and she likes good cum shots” and mix that up with nice guitar play and dance able drumbeats and you can't help but smile. Nearly all of the five first songs all have this element of offensive lyrics about sex, rock and attitude with great beats and distorted guitar.

Then we have the remaining five songs which have a very different sound and where the guitars are gone and have been replaced by more synthesizers and a more monotone sound. Sure these songs have some nice melodies and dance able beats but they can't compare to the first five tracks at all they just feel flat and what was fun is gone. I think Tamtrum should stick to their industrial rock/punk it's what they do best.

Songs which is a must on this CD are “Assrider”, “Fuck You I’m Drunk”, “Milkyboy” and “Stronger Than Cats”, these are really great tracks.

Fredrik Croona
2009-05-06

7/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 11:43

OBLIVEON :

Huch, was ist denn das? Hatte ich Tamtrum doch eigentlich mit Harsh-Elektro in Verbindung gebracht, bin ich total überrascht was mir da aus den Boxen entgegen dröhnt. Gitarrenrock, poppig mit Elektro unterlegt. Die Franzosen wechseln also wieder einmal ihren Stil. Angefangen in der französischen Black Metal Szene, gewechselt zu brachialem Elektro und jetzt mehr Richtung unspektakulärem elektronischen Rock `n’ Roll. So gehen dann die ersten Songs wie „Ass Rider“ oder auch „Fuck You I’m Drunk“ ziemlich belanglos an einem vorüber, so dass selbst das ständige „This is a promotional copy“ gar nicht mehr großartig auffällt. Bei „Smart“ versucht man dann noch Punkeinflüsse mit in die Musik einfließen zu lassen, aber selbst das kann nicht wirklich überzeugen. Das Ganze klingt eher belanglos zusammengeklaut bei Bands wie ACDC, KMFDM, Marilyn Manson, Apoptygma Berzerk usw. Erst beim achten Song „Speed Madly Twisted Earth Fuck Off“ kommt der Sound, den man eigentlich von Tamtrum gewohnt war. Jedoch bleiben auch diese soundtechnisch auf der Strecke, man vermisst den aggressiv nach vorne treibenden Bass, auch hier haben mehr poppige Elektroelemente Einzug gehalten. Ein bisschen Combichrist, ein bisschen And One und fertig. Wenn Bands eine Stilveränderung vornehmen, sich weiter entwickeln, sehe ich das normalerweise immer sehr positiv, wenn sie sich nicht immer wieder selbst kopieren. Aber in diesem Fall bin ich eigentlich enttäuscht. Es klingt nach allen möglichen Bands, kein richtiger Stil ist zu erkennen. Ich wüsste nicht, wem ich dieses Album empfehlen sollte, die Leute die auf rockigen Elektro stehen mögen definitiv nur die ersten Songs. Andere Musikfans, die auf düsteren Elektro stehen, würden die CD aufgrund der ersten Songs nicht mögen. Und dazu kommt noch, dass beide Hälften, egal welcher Musikausrichtung jetzt, belanglose Tracks enthalten. Zu hoffen bleibt, dass dieses Experiment das Einzige bleibt und Tamtrum sich beim nächsten Mal wieder nur auf einen Stil beschränken und diesen dann auch wieder intensiver und eigenständiger ausarbeiten.
SSO

4/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 11:59

D-SIDE :

S'il est des evolutions attendues, voire esérées, il est aussi des révolutions qui prennent tout le monde par surprise et défient toute les attentes.
Ce que nous fait vivre Tamtrum s'apparente clairement a la seconde catégorie. Car comment épliquer qu'un groupe, honorable certes, de dark-electro, tendance Hocico dans sa version Pastis, puisse muer en profondeur comme le fait Tamtrum sur le faux double e.p mais vrai album : "Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats" ? Un gros coup de soleil ? Le mastering de Sebastian Komor ? La maturité ? Allez savoir. Seulement voila, le nouveau Tamtrum est une claque, de celles dont on redemande, et entre tubes electro-rock puissants, clairs et imparables ("I think ov me when i touch yourself" et sa grammaire... personnelle, "Fuck you i'm drunk" ou "Ass rider"), véritables bombes comme reveraient d'en produire pléthore de formations plus établies, et ambiances plus noires et plombées, d'avantage dans la veine de l'"ancien" Tamtrum ("Stronger than cats", "Les enfants de Dieu", "Junkies, Funky, Monkey !"), massacre tout sur son passage. Ajoutez y une édition limitée qui, en lieu et place de la collection de remixes habituel, prefere laisser Leaether Strip tout seul se charger de re-looker six des titres de l'album, et vous obtiendrez sans doute un des albums essentiels de la scene dark electro hexagonale pour les siecles et des siecles. Amen.

Jean-Francois Micard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 12:19

ORKUS :

Dass ihre Musik Einflusse von Marilyn Manson auweist, horen die jungs von Tamtrum wohl nicht zum ersten mal - doch leider hat bisher nur der titel vom kommenden Album einen spleenigen Touch, der rest konnte musikalisch durchaus noch etwas freakiger sein. "Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats" weist dennoch ein beachtliches Potenzial auf, mit dem sich die drei gut und germ in der hoheren industrial rock-klasseeinordnen durfen. Brachialer gesang in allen songs, durchschlagende industrials-beats, gepaart mit manchem EBM-rhytmus, ist dieses ablum auf jeden fall fur alle Scharzgemuter geeignet, die gern aufdrehen und auf abegefahrene Texte stehen. Ein Schmuckstuck stellt "Les enfants de Dieu" dar, welches fast schon an den guten alten Achtziger jhare-Old Scholl-EBM erinnert und trotz des franzosischen Titels in Englisch gehalten ist. ein Sehr abwechsslungsreiches und sehr beachtliches Album, das duschaus fur gute Laune oder auch aggressionsabbau zu sorgen vermag

Hannah Schneider

7/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 12:23

FRENCH METAL :

17/20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 12:31

VERLORENESEELEN :

Fuck You I'm Drunk / Stronger Than Cats nennt sich das aktuelle Album der Band Tamtrum welches am 06.Juni.2009 in die Plattenläden kommt. Das Album welches auch als 2 CD limited slip-base box auf den Markt kommt wurde voll gepackt mit einer Mischung aus elektro-rock, ebm und Industrial Punk.
Die Französische Formation welche mit ihren vorherigen Alben eher mit Harsh Elektro Orgien auf sich aufmerksam gemacht haben, scheinen mit ihrem aktuellen Album einen Sinneswandel durchzogen haben. Die Songs schaffen es durchweg in der ersten Hälfte des Albums mit ihren teils monotonen Beats zu begeistern. Erst bei Track Nummer 8 „Speed Madly Twisted Earth Fuck Off“ scheint man sich wieder auf die TBM Schiene besinnen, was sicherlich auch seinen Reiz hat. Mir persönlich sagen die ersten Tracks des Albums eher zu wobei wir wir wieder einmal beim Thema persönlicher Geschmack wären.

Leider kann ich nichts zu der 2CD der limited Edition sagen welche durchweg von „Leather Strip“ gemixt wurde, da diese zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt mir nicht vorlag.
Meine persönlichen zwei Favoriten der ersten CD Track Nummer 2: „I think ov me when i touch yourself“ sowie Track Nummer 3: „Fuck you i'm drunk“ welcher mich mit seiner Art fast ein bisschen an die neueren „Depeche Mode“ erinnert.
Im großen und ganzen ein sehr interessantes Album welches in den zwei hälften der CD fast nicht widersprüchlicher sein könnte.
Fazit: man sollte auf jeden Fall in dieses Album hinein hören. Daher von mir ein Daumen hoch.

Michael
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 12:43

DAGHEISHA :

Qualcuno mi spieghi se i Tamtrum fanno sul serio. Sono disperato, ve lo chiedo in ginocchio. Dopo un ascolto come quello di 'Fuck You I'm Drunk/Stronger Than Cats' devo assolutamente capire se i francesi pensano davvero di contribuire in modo personale e innovativo alla scena elettronica moderna oppure fanno di tutto per essere odiati. Sylvicious, Fixhead e Benoit XVI sono i tre nomi dietro a questo acido miscuglio di electro clash, ebm e industrial punk. Si vede chiaramente che l'impronta è quella di un gruppo che vuole dare il massimo dal vivo ma le canzoni sono prive di qualunque filo logico oppure talmente superficiali da apparire geniali. Di sicuro non lascerei i vostri adorati micetti nelle mani di questi reietti di Aix-en-Provence. Nell'edizione limitata troverete un secondo disco contenente sei remix a cura di Claus Larsen. Ovvero Laether Strip che rilegge i Tamtrum. Forse allora lui ci ha capito qualcosa. Parte una chiamata...

Divine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 12:46

ARTIKEL :

Oha! Da haben die drei Jungs von Tamtrum aber eine kleine Verwandlung vollzogen. Vom harschen Electro scheint die französische Formation mittlerweilen etwas die Nase voll zuhaben und propagiert stattdessen lieber eine locker leichte Brise Punk Rock angereichert mit unspektakulären Electro. Erst im späteren Verlauf besinnt man sich dann doch wieder auf alte Tugenden.

Kam diese musikalische Transformation jetzt überraschend? Nun, ja! Nach den zwei Vorgänger Alben („Some Atomik Songz“ und „Elektronic Blakc Mess“) erwartete man doch wieder ein weiteres Harsh Electro Inferno. Doch weit gefehlt, was hier zuerst ertönt ist eintöniger pubertärer Punk Rock der Marke „Wohlstandspunks“ vermischt mit ein paar simplen Elektro-Spielereien. Das mag jetzt hart klingen, ist aber so. Nimmt man nun „A$$rider“, „F**k You I`m Drunk“ oder „Smart“, es könnte kaum schlimmer sein. Erst ab „Speed Madly Twisted Earth F**k Off” legt man den Schalter dann doch wieder Richtung TBM um. Obgleich bleibt hier alles genauso unspektakulär und unstimmig wie zuvor, wobei der Sound schon deutlich besser und inspirierter wird. Einzig „Stronger Than Cats“ und „0, Killed“ können punkten, obwohl hier Combichrist schon fast zu sehr Pate stand. Zu der tollen Remix-CD, die komplett Leather Strip verbrochen hat, kann ich nichts sagen, da sie mir zum gegenwärtigen Zeitpunkt auch nicht vorliegt.

Tja, was bleibt als Resümee zu sagen? Eine Spur weit Enttäuschung? Nun, ja! Gewisse Stilveränderungen bzw. Weiterentwicklungen bei Bands sind eigentlich nie verkehrt. Nur sollte dies aufgrund einer Inspiration, Vision und kreativen Basis beruhen. Beim neuen Werk von Tamtrum kann man davon wenig hören. Vielmehr klingt alles etwas lustlos, platt und vor allem marginal.

1,5/5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 13:26

ELEGY :

Nos agents provocateurs Aixois préférés sont de retour trois ans apres le mémorable "Elektronic Blakc Mess" et s'appretent à nous envoyer encore tous chier avec leur concept-album : "Fuck you i'm drunk and Stonger than cats". De quoi s'agit-il ? D'un opus scindé en deux faces, l'une d'obédience punk rock, fun et sauvage, l'autre sombrissime et electro-indus rappelant leur anciennes compos, la maturité en plus, ajouté a une bonne dose de colere grandissante.
Le cocktail sexe/drogue/rockn'electro fonctionne a plein régime chez le trio qui, mine de rien, soigne aussi bien le fond que la forme et produit ici son meilleur album avec des titres dévastateurs à découvrir d'urgence, comme le "Speed madly twisted earth fuck off" en ecoute sur notre sampleur.
Un lien présent sur l'album permet meme de voter pour sa face péférée via le Myspace du groupe et, tout comme leur saint homologue du Vatican, Benoit Sixteen, Sylvicious et Fixhead promettent d'ecouter religieusement l'avis de leur ouailles.
Hosanna au plus haut des Cieux.

Sabine Moreau
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 23:17

SIDE-LINE :

Eradicating most of their nihilistic harsh electro with an ample dose of glammy guitar rock and electro clash, this veritable party album will certainly be labeled a career-changing moment. Pairing a steady bass thump with a twanging banjo-like guitar, "Assrider" at first feels like a flashback to the Rednexx, yet Syvlicious' slithering vocals seduces the whole into a shout along chorus and a gaudy guitar solo that's more Motley Crüe than country. A straightforward anthem to the wonders of getting hammered, "Fuck You, I'm Drunk" cavorts to a simple snare and guitar jangle like Marilyn Manson on a glam bender before arriving at its rowdy sing-a-long chorus whose whinnying guitar accompaniment only furthers such comparisons. Still, there are moments where their old acidity reigns, as witnessed in the blood curdling snarls and screams in "Junky, Funky, Monkey". However, its clatter of nu-metal drumming and blipping retro arpeggios even leave its few old-school traces hard to grasp. Though Tamtrum's newfound mix of glam rock and dance electro is quite unique, it's also the sort of album that will polarize their fan base. Hopefully, the majority (as well as Tamtrum) will view this disc as a path to better things. The hardcore fans of Tamtrum (and Leather strip as well) will be pleased by the strictly limited edition (666 copies) of this album featuring a 2nd disc. The dcd-slipcase deluxe edition with explicit stickers and the recording in 6 acts of selected total reinterpretations of Tamtrum's new hits by Claus Larsen. It adds an interesting and typical Leather Strip touch to the original Tamtrum songs. It's a harsh and merciless rape of the Tamtrum stuff, but some rapes are pure profit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 19:57

VIOLENT SOLUTION :

Le Hellfest peut parfois réserver des surprises. C'est en effet là-bas que j'ai découvert TAMTRUM. Non, ce groupe d'Aix-en-Provence ne s'y produisait pas, mais disons que je suis reparti du fest avec en poche ce CD qu'un membre de la rédac' que je ne nommerai pas (le pauvre tient à sa réputation) a glissé sournoisement dans ma poche. Ouh le vilain sournois qui a voulu se débarrasser d'une (selon lui) grosse bouse et qui a dû raisonner ainsi : "Shaka, il kronike plein de merdes avec des artworks dégueulasses, alors ça devrait lui plaire".
Musicalement, TAMTRUM, c'est loin d'être du glam et on est parfois fort éloigné du metal, disons que c'est de l'electro dark. L'album est divisé en deux parties : une face A ("Fuck You I'm Drunk") et une face B ("Stronger Than Cats"). Ce concept, ça aurait plu à Papy Cyril, la musique beaucoup moins. C'est clair qu'il faut aimer les claviers bien kitschouilles qui font "tut tut boum boum". Le chant me rappelle un peu PUNISH YOURSELF (et parfois même MARILYN MANSON) et même musicalement, on en est parfois pas très loin, il manque juste les gros riffs de guitare. Il faut dire que dans TAMTRUM, on retrouve Sylvicious (THE CNK, PUNISH YOURSELF, LUCKY STRIKER 201) alors forcément... Globalement, ce disque est très "entraînant", il passe très bien après quelques verres, c'est fun, pas prise de tête, mais il faut avouer que sur la distance, j'ai un peu de mal, c'est trop techno à mon goût (surtout la face B, ce qui m'avait rebuté à la première écoute, mais après plusieurs, on s'y fait).
"Fuck You I'm Drunk & Stronger Than Cats" n'est donc peut-être pas un disque très adapté au lectorat de VS, mais il y a sa place quand même (malgré ce que diront les grincheux). Finalement, ce n'est pas la bouse à laquelle je m'attendais (cf. comment il est arrivé entre mes mains), mais bon, c'est clair que ce n'est pas le genre de trucs que j'écouterais en boucle (quoique plus il passe, plus ça me plaît...). Un CD à écouter en faisant la teuf avec des potes qui écoutent pas de metal mais qui sont plutôt branchés techno (oui, je sais, c'est pas de la techno, c'est de l'electro dark !).

L'avis d'une blonde (Mme Shaka) : C'est bizarre le début, c'est de la country ? Oula il dit plein de "fuck" ! C'est quoi, c'est le nouveau CRACK OV DAWN ? Non, c'est pas aussi bien. Ils disent quand même des gros mots, mais j'aime bien la façon de chanter du chanteur.

11/20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tco

Male Number of posts : 11260
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Tue 1 Dec 2009 - 10:34

http://www.obskure.com/fr/kro_model.php?n_kro=6337
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/tco22
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 15:44

Le contraste qualitatif avec la chronique precedante et affolant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tco

Male Number of posts : 11260

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 22:16

faut avouer oui Laughing

sylvain obskure c'est pas n'importe qui non plus Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/tco22
SYLVICIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 1:18

VACARM.NET

Il est tellement rare de trouver des formations issues de la darkwave ou de l’EBM en France, que lorsque l’on en dégotte une bonne, on se prendrait franchement à regretter que les labels de notre pays restent à l’heure actuelle un peu frileux quant à cette mouvance musicale.

Pour rappel : Some Atomik Songz, premier essai de Tamtrum, fait l’effet d’une bombe (bien crade) lors de sa sortie en 2004. Ambiances glauques, violentes, malsaines, parfois à la limite de l’audible : d’aucuns n’hésitent, dans la foulée, à applaudir la créativité de Sylvicious et Benoit 16, proposant un metal extrême et obscur réalisé uniquement par des machines, sans instruments organiques. Plus accessible (toute proportion gardée), Electronik Blakc Mess parait deux ans plus tard alors que Tamtrum joue à présent en trio avec l’arrivée de Fixhead dans les rangs. Moins original mais plus abouti, notamment dans ses rares textes écrits en français (l’excellent « My Fall »), Electronik Blakc Mess permet au groupe d’acquérir une renommée scénique mouvementée dépassant carrément nos frontières.

Et aujourd'hui ? Exit les lourdes descentes aux enfers, puisque ce troisième album de Tamtrum rompt totalement avec l’atmosphère des deux précédents au profit d’un rock électronique puissant, futile, je-m’en-foutiste et lumineux. On pourrait vous mentir en vous prétendant que cette musique assimilée de pétasses est aussi laide que la pochette qui l’illustre, mais soyons honnêtes : malgré une transition brutale – quoique bien agencée – entre ses deux parties distinctes, Fuck You I’M Drunk / Stronger Than Cats vaut bien son pesant de whisky et de connerie assumée. Pas de doute : ça ne vole pas bien haut, mais c’est efficace.

Evidemment, les vieux amateurs de Some Atomik Songz auront du mal à retrouver la flamme noire et hardcore qui caractérisait Tamtrum autrefois, même si l’évolution du groupe n’a pas à rougir face à ses débuts. A l’heure où la darkwave et l’électrodark s’empêtrent dans des resucées impersonnelles et ridicules, saluer certaines curiosités n’est pas un luxe ; à tel point, d’ailleurs, que la première partie du cd (le plus léger Fuck You I’M Drunk) s’avère au final plus intéressante et réussie que la seconde, davantage calibrée, justement, dans l’électrodark (cependant sérieusement aseptisée).

Difficile de résister à « Ass Rider » et ses guitares salaces, ou, surtout, à « Fuck You I’M Drunk », hymne à poivrasses complètement addictif qui mériterait d’être chanté pendant chaque cuite digne de ce nom. Dommage en revanche que dans l’ensemble, Fuck You I’M Drunk / Stronger Than Cats souffre de quelques inégalités (le très plat « I Think Ov Me When I Touch Myself », « O. Killed »), rendant une petite poignée de pistes pas vraiment convaincantes, voire à côté de la plaque.

Après trois albums imprévisibles, on attend désormais de Tamtrum qu’il continue à ériger ses folies, sans toutefois rentrer dans le moule. Ce qui ne semble pas nécessairement gagné...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy W

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 2:26

Je me demande, ils font exprès d'être nuls à chier, sur VS ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dead joe

Number of posts : 1411
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 2:58

Hey, you'd get better reviews with Marina.

That was MY idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Babybelfromthemoon
Lapin-Groupie

Female Number of posts : 6416

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 10:12

hey you'd get more fun if you'd fuck dead joe in the ass with a pomme de pin. that was MY idea.

whip
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/babybelfromthemoon
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS   Today at 13:08

Back to top Go down

Tmtrm - Fuck you i'm drunk / Stronger than cats : REVIEWS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1