FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Philip K Dick?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Philip K Dick?   Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 7:39

I searched on the forum, but couldn't find a topic. I find it hard to believe there is no topic on Philip K. Dick. Anyway, I just don't have a lot to post right now, just wanted to share those two little things.

This left me without word for many minutes as I was staring at the picture, breathtaking. To see this...

It's just... knowing about his life... his work... and everything... his sister.... well can't really explain myself here.

And the second, well. I'm glad to have been able to read this letter from him. (... knowing he died few days before the release of Blade Runner...)

[quote]Letter to Jeff Walker regarding "Blade Runner"

Philip K. Dick wrote this letter after seeing his first glimpse of Blade Runner in a television segment. To the best of the family's knowledge, this letter has never been previously released to the public. [/quote]

Well, that's just what I wanted to share.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Philip K Dick?   Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 12:02

thank you SO MUCH for both documents. Deeply moving, for differente reasons... I always thought Blade Runner was a betrayal of the original book - which is in no way Dick's best - but a genius betrayal, taking things to another level indeed.

(There probably was a PKD topic on the french part, but yeah, we really needed something here !!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zorn

Male Number of posts : 1848
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Philip K Dick?   Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 12:46

Woaw... Stunning. canape
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lewsor

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Philip K Dick?   Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 1:05

he is alive and you're dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zorn

Male Number of posts : 1848
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Philip K Dick?   Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 1:25

Reading this letter put me in the mood for watching Blade Runner once again. Done yesterday, and once again : stunning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mudju

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Philip K Dick?   Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 11:14

I'm a great admirer of PK Dick's work!

From Ubik to A Scanner Darkly, his books are masterpieces. Worlds he made are so crazy! And he was a visionary.

I'm especially found of his last books, VALIS, RAdio Free Albemuth, The divine invasion and The transmigration of Thimothy Archer. With his fiction, he tends to theorize what he lives in his real life, all his my mystical experiences. At the same time, he started to write the Exegesis.

I've read several biographies, the one by Sutin "Divine Invasions: A Life of Philip K. Dick", an other by E Carrere "I Am Alive and You Are Dead: A Journey into the Mind of Philip K. Dick". I've got 3 books of his selected letters...The man is quite lovable, full of obsessions that has driven him to write wonderfull books.

Does someone has read "What If Our World Is Their Heaven? The Final Conversations Of Philip K. Dick"? He tals about his next book, A Owl in daylight, which has never been written...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cutekitteneaters
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Philip K Dick?   Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 11:22

I only read E Carrere biography, i don't know the other ones... at the time it kinda spoiled me the fun out of reading K Dick books... so i stopped for a while, but this biography was very good. I don't know the other one you mention, i'm gonna check it..

I haven't read "What If Our World Is Their Heaven? The Final Conversations Of Philip K. Dick" yet... it's on my list to read, maybe after this one

that i began reading some days ago...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
mudju

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Philip K Dick?   Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 11:42

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cutekitteneaters
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philip K Dick?   Today at 4:54