FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

the books topic: What are you reading?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
silexame

Male Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 25 Apr 2010 - 16:54

study

If you liked the film, read the book!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nightmarica

Male Number of posts : 4143
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 25 Apr 2010 - 19:12

is it the book the book that inspired the movie "morse"??

today in the park.....perfect

Back to top Go down
View user profile
traaf

Male Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 8:46

english title is : A Song of Ice and Fire

very good fantasy
that wiil be soon adapted as a TV series by HBO...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.breizh-ardente.fr
xxz

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 8:48

Alexandre dumas : le vicomte de bragelonne, tome 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobbyRobot

Male Number of posts : 2113
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 9:47

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.oil10.com
silexame

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 10:57

nightmarica wrote:
is it the book the book that inspired the movie "morse"??

Yes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 11:46

KETHER ROCKS !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silexame

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 26 Apr 2010 - 13:02

Not his better one... But all his book rocks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nightmarica

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 27 Apr 2010 - 23:54

dahlia's last book, i hope to learn somthing new, maybe or it's will be for my futur girlfriend hé hé :gayrulaiz:

and she lend it to me this erotic-BD . very good drawings inside.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invité

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 1:27

Really love it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 9 May 2010 - 4:15

I recommend this, despite the sterile assaults against punk and goth : who gives a shit about that ... as if it was important.
lots of laughter and emotion !
Back to top Go down
tabelladonna

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 10 May 2010 - 7:21

"Tommy's Tale" by Alan Cumming. I usually do not recommend books but this one is quite interesting...the "main character" does tend to ramble...but very good for actor turned author.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/tabelladonna
vx

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 11 May 2010 - 21:07

looks interesting !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 30 May 2010 - 23:41

Read this on the Elliott Smith's album "XO", and other things.

Great, really great little book, i was not especting that kind of read after having read a few pages of the one on Loveless by MBV (that book i had thrown across the room thus stopping my reading there) and casted off away since.

Worth any biography.. The author shows how Elliott Smith worked on his songs from XO - and the others he worked on at the same time and that were planned to be on the album -, how he refined/polished his songs and his lyrics over the years, the author picks lyrics and differences between different versions of the songs, those played live in their early forms, and as recorded demos, and final versions ; thereby offering a glimpse of Elliott Smith's craftmanship, and hard work, with some words by friends and collaborators, especially the man E.S. recorded the XO demos with at the Jackspot! Studio.. Some little well selected quotes from Elliott Smith too, from interviews, talking about his music etc... and then going on (well simply put by me) how E.S. was pigeonholed as a "folk singer/songwriter" whose lyrics would have to be then of the "confident type" and how his media personnality was constructed from this and that, like simply taking his drug metaphors on relations as stories from his experiences, etc... The author modestly deconstruct (albet briefly, it's just a hundred pages short book) the way E.S. public figure and picture in the public eyes became what it is, not telling what was the truth in the stories, but pointing the things that are untrue (and why). Really good read imo.. glad to have read that kinda "demystification"...

Made me want to read:

Quote :
In her article "Art Versus Commerce: Deconstructing a (Useful) Romantic Illusion," Deena Weinstein suggests that drug use and suicide are common discursive tools for constructing the romantic myth of the artist:

Critics celebrate romantic rock deaths because they affirm the myth of the artist. A drug overdose, a shotgun suicide, or gangland gangsta slaying; these deaths show, rhetorically, that the romantic artist was authentic, not merely assuming a (Christlike) pose.
The right kind of death is the most powerful authenticity effect, the indefeasible outward sign of inward grace. "The artist must be sacrified to their art; like the bees they must but their lives into sting they give", Ralph Waldon Emerson wrote. . . .Death isn't the only authenticity effect embraced by rock writers. They also champion heroin-addicted musicians and rockers who are off their rockers. . . . Addicts and insane are automatically authentic because their grip on rationality is too weak to allow them to "sell-out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
Zorn

Male Number of posts : 1848
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 31 May 2010 - 0:10

(Thanxx Exstattick! amour )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sat 5 Jun 2010 - 11:05

from Douglas Coupland, i read Microserfs, Girlfriend in a coma, hey nostradamus, (i liked very much those two and loved Microserfs), All Families Are Psychotic (nice but not great) but.. Generation X, i didn't "get" it....

currently reading the first light novel of Haruhi

Back to top Go down
Lou_official

Female Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sat 5 Jun 2010 - 13:38

Photobucket

biker
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lou_official
silexame

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sat 5 Jun 2010 - 15:55

amazing!
great graphics, great story
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 13:11

a very cool action/spy book by the SF author John Brunner... With a jamaican main character. And this is no Shaft-like blaxploitation at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NïnK

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 17:00

la mémoire des vaincus by Ragon
interesting..
papy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nightmarica

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 21:15

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diva[Crash]
Bisounours

Female Number of posts : 6740

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 21:48

nightmarica wrote:

amour
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/divatrash
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 5:03

In time before the movie (and the videogame) gets released.

Read the first tome of Scott Pilgrim, very cool!

What's funny is i used to have a wallpaper in 2004 coming from a two page illustration of the first tome, except i didn't know it was from Scott Pilgrim, i learned about it because of the videogame presntation & trailer that was at the E3 in june, videogame i can't wait to play, that is to be released next month.

The movie is directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of The Dead and Hott Fuzz).

Next to be read: volumes 2 (in french) and 3, 4, 5, 6 (the last one).

last trailer of the game at the Comic Con 2010 coming first on the PSN, and next on the XBLA, as download

last trailer of the movie

i'm really waiting for the video games, but i have some doubts about the comics translating well into movie...

else re-read a manga (seinen) I read in 2004 "Sing 'Yesterday' For Me", the first tomes, i'm rereading it cause the were a HUGE gape between the release of volumes 4 and 5 and 6, and I still haven't read the 5 and 6... I adored the mangas when it came out.... now it really feel weird reading it again. (Plus i read some other more recent mangas from the mangaka since, and the drawing of SYFM got old...)

Back to top Go down
silexame

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 13:02

amour
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LordBeavis

Male Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 17:11

I've been really enjoying The Sad Tale Of The Brothers Grossbart by Jesse Bullington.

Bizarre tale of two grave robbing brothers set in 1364 Europe. It's quite entertaining.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Rick-Lyter/1357621938
vx

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 17:21

"entertaining", yes, looks like it is Wink

right now, a classic :

Norman Spinrad - Bug Jack Barron

Back to top Go down
View user profile
silexame

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 13:59

astonishing!!!

Shocked rulaiz amour
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diva[Crash]
Bisounours

Female Number of posts : 6740

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 19:53

The Diary of Anais Nin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/divatrash
warrior10

Male Number of posts : 2038
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 21:30

Teiko wrote:
In time before the movie (and the videogame) gets released.

Read the first tome of Scott Pilgrim, very cool!

What's funny is i used to have a wallpaper in 2004 coming from a two page illustration of the first tome, except i didn't know it was from Scott Pilgrim, i learned about it because of the videogame presntation & trailer that was at the E3 in june, videogame i can't wait to play, that is to be released next month.

The movie is directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of The Dead and Hott Fuzz).

Next to be read: volumes 2 (in french) and 3, 4, 5, 6 (the last one).

last trailer of the game at the Comic Con 2010 coming first on the PSN, and next on the XBLA, as download

last trailer of the movie

i'm really waiting for the video games, but i have some doubts about the comics translating well into movie...
]
Woaaa
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/darksoulband
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Thu 5 Aug 2010 - 8:48

I have no clue what your "woaaa" means, but I read the six volumes now, and i haven't read a comic / manga i enjoyed that much since a long time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Today at 5:02

Back to top Go down

the books topic: What are you reading?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next