FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

the books topic: What are you reading?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nekiko

Female Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Thu 5 Aug 2010 - 10:08

Les Modules Etranges wrote:

I recommend this, despite the sterile assaults against punk and goth : who gives a shit about that ... as if it was important.
lots of laughter and emotion !

For my part , I haven't read this book yet . I'm hesitating at the moment because I read a couple of books about a couple of bands , published by Camion Blanc and I was disapointed about some of them . Especially the book they published about The Cure . I read the half of it , I couldn't go any further 'cause the style was a little too repetitive for my taste , a little clumsy . Plus , I didn't learn one damn thing .

But still , I think they published a book about Pascal Comelade and this one attracts me . So ... who knows ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Thu 5 Aug 2010 - 10:13

RobbyRobot wrote:

I'm reading " Le festival de la couille et autres histoires vraies " ( well trying to read it , cuz I'm into some other stuff as well so ... ) , I think "Survivant" is the next on my list !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Thu 5 Aug 2010 - 10:21

nightmarica wrote:
dahlia's last book, i hope to learn somthing new, maybe or it's will be for my futur girlfriend hé hé :gayrulaiz:

and she lend it to me this erotic-BD . very good drawings inside.

Hey cheeky ! ( he he )
For my part , I was given two books
: " How to make love to a man " and " How to make love to a woman " . Love the drawings in it , period . But some suggestions in the books are just so not workable or realistic . The only thing that could make the guy breathless would be a great laugh .
Or the pain in unspeakable parts of his body .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warrior10

Male Number of posts : 2038
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Thu 5 Aug 2010 - 19:41

Teiko wrote:
I have no clue what your "woaaa" means, but I read the six volumes now, and i haven't read a comic / manga i enjoyed that much since a long time. Smile
I didn't know this book, but it's look fucking cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/darksoulband
mudju

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sat 14 Aug 2010 - 23:54

Nekiko wrote:
RobbyRobot wrote:

I'm reading " Le festival de la couille et autres histoires vraies " ( well trying to read it , cuz I'm into some other stuff as well so ... ) , I think "Survivant" is the next on my list !

Le festival de la couille finished! I love this book, even if it's a bit repetitve! (The style wants it).

I've just bought Peste (in french) from the same author, and a book by God Clive Barker: "Le royaume des devins"... Hope they'll do it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cutekitteneaters
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 1:16

mudju wrote:
Nekiko wrote:
RobbyRobot wrote:

Le festival de la couille finished! I love this book, even if it's a bit repetitve! (The style wants it).

I've just bought Peste (in french) from the same author, and a book by God Clive Barker: "Le royaume des devins"... Hope they'll do it!

Well I haven't read Peste , actually I don't know anything about the second book you mentioned .
But I'll keep it in mind .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silexame

Male Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 12:39

mudju wrote:
and a book by God Clive Barker: "Le royaume des devins"...

This was my first Clive Barker, taken in a library just because the cover was cool.
It was so huge! I bought all other Barker books after that.
When you say "magic" I think of this book - Maybe because I was young. So today I'm afraid of re-reading it. I prefer to keep this huge emotion and fascination discovering a so deep universe.
amour
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 14:20

Nice first volume, first time I read a comics in a zombies "setting", this looks promising in terms of story, the kind of development you don't see in a zombie movie, of course... Looking forward to reading the other volumes! And the characters that are interesting... the relations and dialogs are nice...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
Diva[Crash]
Bisounours

Female Number of posts : 6740
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 15:38

I'm reading "Rant" by the almighty Chuck Palahniuk, and then probably read "Le royaume des devins" as well Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/divatrash
mudju

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 18:33

Yes, Rant is the american title !!! ANd Le royaume des devins is Weave World Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cutekitteneaters
Diva[Crash]
Bisounours

Female Number of posts : 6740

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 4:39

Funny we're reading the same stuffs rulaiz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/divatrash

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 12:45

Nekiko wrote:

I recommend this, despite the sterile assaults against punk and goth : who gives a shit about that ... as if it was important.

For my part , I haven't read this book yet . I'm hesitating at the moment because I read a couple of books about a couple of bands , published by Camion Blanc and I was disapointed about some of them . Especially the book they published about The Cure . I read the half of it , I couldn't go any further 'cause the style was a little too repetitive for my taste , a little clumsy . Plus , I didn't learn one damn thing .

But still , I think they published a book about Pascal Comelade and this one attracts me . So ... who knows ?

the one about kas product is dreadful : super-sized font because eventually there is not "so much things to say" about the band, the picture quality is like "rank xerox" if you know what I mean... really crappy and expensive even if i do like the band very much it wasn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sbzwei

Male Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 12:47

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://punishyourself.maxximum.org
silexame

Male Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 17 Aug 2010 - 14:25

censored

Last edited by silexame on Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 17:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 17 Aug 2010 - 15:06

hahaaaaUUUUHhhWwwwTFFFFFFFFF. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Wed 18 Aug 2010 - 13:41

Nekiko wrote:

the one about kas product is dreadful : super-sized font because eventually there is not "so much things to say" about the band, the picture quality is like "rank xerox" if you know what I mean... really crappy and expensive even if i do like the band very much it wasn't worth it.

Well actually I don't know much about Kas product ( shame on my poor little soul ) but I'm gonna fix this flaw and I'm gonna fix it NOW , without further delay . I'll consider what you said about the book about KP . I'm afraid this very one would bore me way too much .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Wed 18 Aug 2010 - 13:51

Photobucket

It's like ... A profusion of great details and informations , I only read the quarter of it but I learned things I never heard of . I can sense that the guy who wrote this book masters the topic ! Just great !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Wed 18 Aug 2010 - 14:10

Read the two Wormwood volumes just yesterday evening, it's awesome. ::fan::

dunno what to say about it, the art is cool, it has, if i can say so, some kinda "bad taste" funny humor and dialogs, a "weird" style story... never really serious, kinda pure fun.

Back to top Go down
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 8:06

i should add that Wormwood is really really excellent

warren ellis & ben templesmith - Fell, cool, cool, even if the protagonist is near to never drawn exactly the same twice

Freakangels volume 1, not much attracted by the style of the penciler / colorist but the writer is Warren Ellis, and damn he's good, I'll surely buy the next volumes

Walking dead volume 2, kinda dissapointed, found it too predictable. I'll buy the third volume anyway to see where it goes as a second chance.

benjamin - orange, it's really beautiful but i found the story so badly written i haven't even read it until the end, i'll take 10 minutes later to read the rest tho

ashley wood - Metal Gear Solid Omnibus, 500 pages of Ashley Wood. ok i haven't read it just looked at the picture, so far i don't care for the Metal Gear Solid story, i'm juts a fan of ashley wood, so it's only for collecting.

also admired the pretty pictures of some artbooks: claire wendling, ashley wood, ben templesmith

to read:
niles & ben templesmith - 30 days of night volume 1, looks beautiful
jamie hewllet - tank girl volumes 1, 2, 3 (french non colorized edition by Ankama)

Back to top Go down
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 8:09

oh and currently reading this. and some other books..
Back to top Go down
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 10:51

old-school french sci-fi for nostalgics !!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
warrior10

Male Number of posts : 2038
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 12:18

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/darksoulband
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Thu 16 Sep 2010 - 16:29

Photobucket

Photobucket

( again and again )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 20:44

Les bébés de la consigne automatique - MURAKAMI .
English title : Coin locker babies .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Fri 1 Oct 2010 - 2:06

http://www.luxe-interieur.com/

Back to top Go down
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Wed 3 Nov 2010 - 20:14

Started to read " Salopes " , by Dennis Cooper two hours ago , almost finished .
Internet , hardcore sex , lost boys , manipulative or abusive fuckers and all . I find it bright , well written , the story constantly covers its own tracks .
The fact that the dialogues happen to be forum-dialogues with what it implies of changing nicknames ( pseudos ) , unproven bits of the whole plot that comes from many "identities" or assumptions makes it even more blurry for the reader .
More impressions later .
All I can say is that I only put it down for a few minutes .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suicyco

Male Number of posts : 5622
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Thu 4 Nov 2010 - 22:22

I started that:

because it's chuck and to train my declining english confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ben_suicyco
rachely476

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Mon 29 Nov 2010 - 13:16

silexame wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1IxOS4VzKM rulaiz

Thanks for sharing the link!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the books topic: What are you reading?   Today at 4:08

Back to top Go down

the books topic: What are you reading?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2