FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nekiko

Female Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .   Tue 2 Nov 2010 - 16:14

Photobucket

Son House ( 21th March 1902 at Riverton , Mississipi - 19th October 1988 at Detroit , Michigan ) . Some disagreements about his birth date 'cause he gave different answers to that question . Played - among others - with Robert Johnson . Bottleneck playing . Not much technic .

Track list:

DISC 1:
1. Death Letter
2. Pearline
3. Louise McGee
4. John the Revelator
5. Empire State Express
6. Preachin' Blues
7. Grinnin' in Your Face
8. Sundown
9. Levee Camp Moan

DISC 2:
1. Death Letter
2. Levee Camp Moan
3. Grinnin' in Your Face
4. John the Revelator*
5. Preachin' Blues
6. President Kennedy
7. A Down the Staff
8. Motherless Children
9. Yonder Comes My Mother
10. Shake It and Break It
11. Pony Blues
12. Downhearted Blues

Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxz

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .   Fri 5 Nov 2010 - 12:57

i have some kind of greatest hits record by him but i find it hard listening to that kind of music. too bare, too raw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .   Fri 5 Nov 2010 - 13:38

xxz wrote:
i have some kind of greatest hits record by him but i find it hard listening to that kind of music. too bare, too raw.

I get your point . That's raw and bare , which I personnally find appealing but I totally understand that some people don't .

I have to say that a lot of people who claims themselves belongin' to " Straight to the point-Rock'n'roll " claim that you HAVE to listen to some blues icons to really enjoy and understand what Rock'n'roll truly comes from . Like it's an unescapable thing , a required "knowledge" .
I question that sometimes .
Off course it "adds" something to acknowledge the way these Blues icons influenced following bands in the history of music , to measure the impact in a certain way . That's for sure .
I read an interview of Marianne Faithfull who said that the young generation of kids ( musicians , music lovers ) don't really listen to Blues artists , most of the time "not at all" . Said how much it's sad and stuff ...
I'm going off-board , ahem !
Anyway ... Just thinkin' to myself I guess .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxz

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .   Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 15:49

interesting thoughts. but i must admit i've never really been into this "you MUST listen to blues music in order to understand rock n roll." shouldn't we all listen to Bach to understand music at all ? well, many people don't.
blues music doesn't really get to me, it kinda bores me, actually. i feel like these musicians have been singing about the same themes for a hundred years and i feel like saying "ok, we get it now, you can stop".
and the 12-measure structure, even though it evolved a lot since robert johnson, well, it bores me too, i hear it too much, this structured loop.
but sometimes, once in a while, i listen to blues artists. just not too often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .   Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 11:02

Sometimes I really like the rawness of "old-school" blues. Sometimes I don't.

That was a very constructive comment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekiko

PostSubject: Re: Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .   Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 12:37

vx wrote:
Sometimes I really like the rawness of "old-school" blues. Sometimes I don't.

That was a very constructive comment.

Thumbs up .
Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .   Today at 12:36

Back to top Go down

Father of the Delta Blues - The complete 1965 sessions .
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1