FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Tue 6 Mar 2007 - 17:54

03/05/07: NEW TEAR GARDEN RELEASE:

The newest Tear Garden CD, The Secret Experiment, is now completed and, in the words of Edward Ka-Spel, "rather special." Expect it to be released in April as part of the Subconscious From the Vault second series. It will also be available for purchase through Terminal Kaleidoscope.

02/05/07: YOU AND ME AND RAINBOWS:

Edward Ka-Spel and cEvin Key have shared some of their thoughts on creating the Tear Garden masterpiece You and Me and Rainbows at Litany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legendary_Pink_Dots
http://www.epitonic.com/index.jsp?refer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.epitonic.com%2Fartists%2Fthelegendarypinkdots.html

seems like there was no topic about this fantastic band... Which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 22:30

Listening a lot to the Dots, these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Mon 5 May 2008 - 7:39

Just seen them at l'Usine, in Geneva, amazing show. Really perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Wed 20 May 2009 - 16:23

This is a real good one, and quite different from many others, especially the drum sound... Sounds a bit like "to be an angel blind" Tear Garden stuff. "Spike" is a perfect song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Wed 20 May 2009 - 18:39

Spike is quite good, my favorite song from LPD their last few years release
Back to top Go down
vx

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Wed 16 Dec 2009 - 14:55

Legendary Pink Dots – Four Days

This isn’t a review of mine, but I quite agree with it… A really interesting LPD work, quite unusual ; almost coil-sounding, actually.

Quote :
Four Days is the LPDs' most "industrial" disc, by a long shot. Sweeping violins, church-inspired keyboards, orchestral washes, light acoustic melodies, and the like are totally absent, in favour of churning, clanky, clattering sounds and deep bassy drones. Ka-Spel's voice is featured on two of the pieces, the first being the most interesting, a sort of sing- song chant, the words almost tripping and rolling into each other. Also of interest, for those who have _Shadow Weaver_, is the fourth piece on _Four Days_, "Nadelstadt", the German translation of "City of Needles", and the two are nearly the same track, with a bit of remixing in the different versions. Melody yields to tension on this CD, and it isn't for the meek or faint of heart. Four those in the mood for the some of the most challenging and "difficult- listening" sounds that the LPDs have put out, _Four Days_ comes highly recommended. For those looking for the more melodic sensibilities of _Any Day Now_, _Crushed Velvet Apocalypse_, or _The Maria Dimension_, you have been warned. This disc is for the most ardent of fans, seeking the more abstract side of our beloved Dots. And the LPDs have not made it any easier, either; the disc is a limited edition of only 1000 copies. The liner notes promise that this will be the entire extent of _Four Days_. And yes, I will not part with this voluntarily, either. And if I ever come across the bonus _MD_ three-incher, I'll snatch it right quick... - Don Scheidt (september 28, 1994)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 20:03

Quote :
I'm a casual Legendary Pink Dots fan, so I hadn't heard this news. Sounds like a big shakeup for the band with 2 long-term members leaving. This from their website.

"Sometimes change creeps up on you while sometimes it explodes inches away from your eyes. The Dots experienced the latter in this, the 30th year, when first Martijn opted to step out, and then Niels followed suit.

The good news is that Erik Drost has rejoined the Dots on guitar, and for the first time since 1989, the band will be playing as a trio onstage with Raymond remaining behind the controls at the mixing board.

In fairness Martijn had been indicating for some time that he needed to find a more stable income, as nobody can argue that times have become much tougher for every small band in the last few years.

However Niels' decision was surprising, but it can be that the occasionally rough circumstances the Dots encountered on the last tour represented a step too far. It was hard - EUROPE as a whole is very hard now.

Attempts to play in even the cities which have always guaranteed large crowds have come to nothing (Stockholm? Strasbourg?), and it may be the point when we will call time on longer tours of this continent.

Happily the shows slated for April ARE going ahead, although there remains a disturbing gap where Greek shows should be, and we do hope for some positive news sometime in March.

Beyond April, The Dots have a one-off in Amsterdam planned for 14th May, while a Polish festival appearance (July) and a concert in Moscow (September) should also go ahead.

It goes without saying that we wish Martijn and Niels success and joy in all their projects in the future. Meanwhile some serious sessions are taking place in this new line-up and after the shock there is a feeling of real excitement once more.

I dunno what to think about this... I'll miss Niels especially.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturo Bandini

Male Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 17:40

Niels is not just a GREAT musician, also quite a funny guy.

As of the rough circumstances on the last tour... well, yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daedal

Female Number of posts : 860
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 0:15

I really love the Tear Garden project, this song is one of the most desperate in the world

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/traxxtown
vx

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 0:39

Quote :
The Legendary Pink Dots have cancelled the remaining shows of the 30th anniversary tour due to the critical medical condition of the mother of singer Edward Ka-Spel. We wish Edward much strength in these difficult times. The Legendary Pink Dots (also known as LPD) are an Anglo-Dutch experimental rock band formed in London in August 1980. Although far outside the mainstream (in terms of their music and career path), LPD have released more than 40 albums and have a devoted worldwide following.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 1:14

I really don't know much The Legendary Pink Dots but I love The Tear Garden..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
vx

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   Thu 22 Apr 2010 - 1:30

Teiko wrote:
I really don't know much The Legendary Pink Dots but I love The Tear Garden..

more or less, it's the same kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)   

Back to top Go down

The Legendary Pink Dots / (+ The Tear Garden)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1