FRENCH CHAOS ZONE

SHEEP ON METH SHOCKED WITH TASERS !

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I'm getting tired of this forum lately

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

should we...
close this forum and spread the word elsewhere ?
8%
 8% [ 5 ]
re_open the old french section, back to the future ?
62%
 62% [ 37 ]
do nothing ?
7%
 7% [ 4 ]
post scandalous topics about sex and drugs to attracts weirdos ?
23%
 23% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 60

AuthorMessage
vx

Male Number of posts : 6638
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 11:29

No action, no interaction, this is a ghost place lately. I'm getting weary of trying to keep it alive while everyoine's busy on facebook. What's your feeling about it ? Should we close it and meet anywhere else ? Just let it live its low-energy life ? What's your feeling about this ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 11:56

"this place is dead meat" spamafote
Back to top Go down
xxz

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 12:22

well, where else would that be ? and would it make people write more because it would be another place ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 13:43

xxz wrote:
well, where else would that be ? and would it make people write more because it would be another place ?

there are several other forums quite comparable to this one. We could invade these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxz

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 14:08

why not. but would we feel like it's ours ? well, suggest them, we'll check them out. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vx

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 14:48

french : http://www.axesscode.com/mindphaser - most Punishers are already there. A very friendly place, with some wild action sometimes...

english : http://www.avalanchers.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1 (basically a worldwide Godflesh community, but they discuss mostly anything, lots of humor and good will)

http://www.side-line.com/side-line-forum/forum/industrial-music-forum-voice-out-loud-and-clear ("industrial" community, quite worldwide)

I have more suggestions but these three would be my main roaming places.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeanKevin

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 16:39

I think English scared most of the people away here.
So I think we should try to bring the French back. Most of the PY audience is based in France anyways, so it might work ?

Migrate to other forums ? I don't see the point. People are too busy with social networks anyways...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.walnutlocust.com

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 17:39

i do not regret the french part THAT much freedent

it will be pointless to do a "small-mindphaser" again
Back to top Go down
silexame

Male Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:04

censored

Last edited by silexame on Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 17:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeanKevin

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:25

Most of the forums I usually go to are closing down by the end of the year anyways and no one really seems to care... sign of the times ?

I have never been interested in the side-line one, and I have decided to take some time off the mindphaser because I really dislike what it has become.
I will probably check the Avalanchers one though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.walnutlocust.com
Teiko

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:46

Part of the problem with attracting english forumers is/was that this forum is a free forum phpbb, and thus is badly ranked in google...

For instance, I did find out about the old french (true) PHPBB forum by googling a date of 1969 Was Fine... and the first result land me on the topic of the date on the old forum. I don't think this could happen with that free phpbb forum.

I have no real opinion on the subject of the poll else... i don't know.

What I can say, is that if you want another true PHPBB, i'm okay with installing one on my web host (not sure it has a huge bandwith tho, but that could be handled anyway later) handling the the setup and updates (but i wouldn't want the admin nor moderator privileges aside from the technical things), i have multiple domains that i have no use of, we can take one for the forum... i don't know, we could install a true phpbb back on Free also....
Just saying, because I thought about that a long time ago, the problem with google and referencing with this free forum, and i'm not sure i already told you about it...

Anyway, i would rather not exchange a Punish forum for the Mindphaser, even if I already visit the Mindphaser everyday...

I visited the sideline forums once or twice, but haven't really explored it, no opinion on it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lotek.fr
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:48

silexame wrote:

And they all have different personalities.

I must agree on this one.
Back to top Go down
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:49

AlBéRiCk wrote:
Most of the forums I usually go to are closing down by the end of the year anyways and no one really seems to care... sign of the times ?

I have never been interested in the side-line one, and I have decided to take some time off the mindphaser because I really dislike what it has become.
I will probably check the Avalanchers one though.

It seems like a lot of forums are dying from what I could see, i guess we can blame facebook....
Back to top Go down
Kaze

Male Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2007-01-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 19:54

I didn t vote cause I couldn' t decide .
I don' t really care if it' s french or not . And It' s not of my business to see If an english forum is better for the bands or not .

But It' s true, the forum seems a little dead lately ... But I keep watching it everyday and I would' n want it closed for sure .

I remember an old old drug experience topic that was really fun (remember of a woman who first took lsd and didn' t understand that there were various trips . She took something like 6 in one time and saw herself running in a "tunnel" with the sound running after her)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kazeplop.blogspot.com/
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 20:00

Teiko wrote:
Part of the problem with attracting english forumers is/was that this forum is a free forum phpbb, and thus is badly ranked in google...
Well If we talk about that, I also remember I had diffculties finding the forum with another computer because I didn' t understand that the link was at the bottom (cause there were link at the top)
Back to top Go down
nightmarica

Male Number of posts : 4143

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 20:41

for me the solution is an mix. like lot's of other people i don't talk enough in english to talking about culture,so it's very frustrating, i would like to post more on this forum but just technicaly
i can't.and in the same time i don't want to return to the old forum style ,with too much(over an over) private stories and other bull shit like that. maybe we can found a good new way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 21:07

like cultures points .
With a moderator who give you the point if you make a good review or culture topic . And at the end of the month, the member who have the less culture points has his face posted in the hall of shame and he is fired (but he can have a joker if he post a video of him naked talking about a drug experience)

(I was joking of course)
Back to top Go down
silexame

Male Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 21:58

censored

Last edited by silexame on Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 17:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tco

Male Number of posts : 11260

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 22:33

close this forum and spread the word elsewhere ?
would be sad, the end og an era... but it has ended months ago in fact
re_open the old french section, back to the future ?
you should, but people are offline, will they come back ? not sure, forums are dead (there are exceptions of course)
do nothing ?
then it will continue the same way as now, quite boring
post scandalous topics about sex and drugs to attracts weirdos ?
no Laughing

i'm nostalgic of the past and understand that other people dislike the old version but it was SO alive
hum... maybe people have grown up these past months
maybe it won't be a terrible mess to re-open the french door but i really wonder if it'll work

and i don't find my words to explain exactly what i think so i'm like nightmarica mrgreen
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/tco22
nightmarica

Male Number of posts : 4143

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 22:52

du like me?? :ruse:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeanGarze

Male Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 0:11

I feel so nostalgic .... and so old.
If this forum was disappearing, I should prefer a blog about the news of the group and side project.
it would be so strange to see this page turning

Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teiko

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 0:26

I don't want to see it go away either...
Back to top Go down
vx

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 0:30

Actually, I don't want to close it. My main concern when I closed the old french section was to attract foreigners here... It didn't work. And now I realize I tend to post news everywhere but here... Whaaaaaaaat ? We need some life here.
On another side, I HATE turning back. So even if I re-open the french section, I probably won't post there a lot, I'll keep stuck to the international...

Anyway, I think we need more advices. Should I send a mass mailing to all the forumers ? Ask the ones who went to Mindphaser what they think about it ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lipstyxxx

Female Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 0:53

I think most of the forumers left the place because of the new English supremacy... nothing new there. Some of them just can't speak English and feel like they can't interact the way they could before, some others can speak English but just think it's fucking stupid to try and speak English with their French friends (that's my opinion anyway) + they come here as a leisure and like being spontaneous = you can't do that if you have to think about every word you're going to write.

I hate turning back too so I understand your point there vx. Still, I think that the only way to bring the forum back to life is to have the French forumers feel welcome again. Maybe it won't work because of Facebook and everything... but maybe it will. I personaly think that I would be way more active here if I could write in French. And you know how much I love English. English is my life at the moment. And if I like the forum, it's precisely because it's NOT life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lipstyxxx
Itchy Bitchy

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 1:07

just keep the thing real, don't close it

mebbe some changes have to be made, I don't mind, as long as it stays alive and I can still get fucked up news from time to time and stalek naked people and hear about weird side-projects

and tour dates and photos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mag'

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 1:18

Quote :
I think most of the forumers left the place because of the new English supremacy... nothing new there. Some of them just can't speak English and feel like they can't interact the way they could before, some others can speak English but just think it's fucking stupid to try and speak English with their French friends (that's my opinion anyway) + they come here as a leisure and like being spontaneous = you can't do that if you have to think about every word you're going to write.
That's also my opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tco

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 1:28

en français Very Happy

le but avoué de la fermeture du forum FR était de faire venir des non francophones et comme tu l'avoues toi-même ça n'a pas marché
pourquoi je ne sais pas, mais comme je disais + haut, les forums se meurent tous peu à peu (obskure, par exemple, me semble avoir perdu beaucoup d'affluence... enfin je suis ça de loin)

malgré les excès passés, ce qui a fait la force de ce forum, c'est la fameuse communauté créée ici. ça a pris des années (je sais pas quand ça a commencé (j'ai pas connu la version postée par jeangarze déjà), mais quand je suis arrivé en 2005, c'était déjà bien établi) et je pense que pour qu''un forum perdure (aujourd'hui, c'était moins vrai il y a qq années) et que les gens continuent à venir poster régulièrement il faut qu'il y ait + qu'une simple passion envers le thème principal du forum.

si on laisse tel quel, y'aura toujours 2-3 posts par ci par là, mais bon... pas d'émulation, ce sera un forum fantôme.
si on re-ouvre la partie française, tout le monde ne reviendra pas c'est clair, mais tous ceux qui lisent toujours le forum sans poster peut-être... .et avec le temps (et un peu de promo facebook mrgreen ) ça peut repartir

pour moi, il n'y a pas un grand risque à retenter l'expérience. et puis ça reste un des meilleurs moyens pour s'organiser pour les concerts de PY, ce qui a toujours bien fonctionné (et ça continue si j'en crois qq topics récents du coté de nos amis du nord)

et il y a peut-être un nouveau public à ramener ici

en fait je suis pour fou

Last edited by tco on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 2:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MissZombie

Female Number of posts : 1505
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 1:51

Outre le rose qui pique, le forum "tout en anglais", c'est effectivement ce qui m'a fait fuir. Et pourtant, je pense pouvoir comprendre et m'exprimer en anglais à peu près correctement. Mais ça reste un effort à faire et quand je rentre le soir, je n'ai plus envie de faire d'efforts.
Si le forum revenait en français, je ne serais probablement pas très assidue, mais je viendrais certainement y faire un tour spontanément, sans avoir besoin d'un appel via facebook pour me rappeler que ce forum existe toujours.

Bref, je suis pour aussi.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/missmasch
Invité

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 1:51

tco wrote:
en français Very Happy

le but avoué de la fermeture du forum FR était de faire venir des non francophones et comme tu l'avoues toi-même ça n'a pas marché
pourquoi je ne sais pas, mais comme je disais + haut, les forums se meurent tous peu à peu (obskure, par exemple, me semble avoir perdu beaucoup d'affluence... enfin je suis ça de loin)

malgré les excès passés, ce qui a fait la force de ce forum, c'est la fameuse communauté créée ici. ça a pris des années (je sais pas quand ça a commencé (j'ai pas connu la version postée par jeangarze déjà), mais quand je suis arrivé en 2005, c'était déjà bien établi) et je pense que pour qu''un forum perdure (aujourd'hui, c'était moins vrai il y a qq années) et que les gens continuent à venir poster régulièrement il faut qu'il y ait + qu'une simple passion envers le thème principal du forum.

si on laisse tel quel, y'aura toujours 2-3 posts par ci par là, mais bon... pas d'émulation, ce sera un forum fantôme.
si on re-ouvre la partie française, tout le monde ne reviendra pas c'est clair, mais tous ceux qui lisent toujours le forum sans poster peut-être... .et avec le temps (et un peu de promo facebook mrgreen ) ça peut repartir

pour moi, il n'y a pas un grand risque à retenter l'expérience. et puis ça reste un des meilleurs moyens pour s'organiser pour les concerts de PY, ce qui a toujours bien fonctionné (et ça continue si j'en crois qq topics récents du coté de nos amis du nors)

et il y a peut-être un nouveau public à ramener ici

en fait je suis pour fou

+1
Back to top Go down
tco

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 2:11

MissZombie wrote:
Outre le rose qui pique,

ça c'est un détail qu'on peut changer hein Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting tired of this forum lately   Today at 3:28

Back to top Go down

I'm getting tired of this forum lately
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next